The next-generation Accuplacer test is a standardized placement test that helps determine the place of students at the university level. This test determines the exact level of students in the classes that suits their skills. The next-generation Accuplacer is a type of computer-adaptive test and the test takers’ answer to each question determines the level of difficulty of the next question. This test tries to determine exactly where your skill level is by changing the difficulty of each question based on your answers. The main test of ACCUPLACER has 10 sub-tests. All of these sub-tests include multiple-choice questions, except WritePlacer which is a writing test. There is no time limit for answering most of these tests.
There are five main sub-sections in the Accuplacer test: Arithmetic, Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, And Statistics (QAS), Advanced Algebra and Functions, Reading, Writing.
As you can see, the math-related subsections of the test include:
- Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, And Statistics (QAS)
- Advanced Algebra and Functions
In the math section of the test, test takers are not allowed to use personal calculators, but the test center provides an on-screen calculator for students for some Questions.
The Absolute Best Book to Ace the Accuplacer Math Test
This section assesses your ability to do arithmetic computations and problem-solving. The purpose of including this section in the test is whether or not you are proficient in performing simple calculations manually. The questions in this part of the test include topics such as decimal operations, Fraction operations, Number Comparisons and Equivalents, Percent, Whole Number Operations.
Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics (QAS) Subtest
The purpose of this subtest is to determine your level of proficiency in calculating questions related to rational numbers and exponents. To succeed in this field, you must be able to solve algebraic expressions and graph linear equations. You should also be familiar with geometry problems, sets of probabilities, and descriptive statistics.
Advanced Algebra and Functions Subtest
In this section, you are mostly dealing with linear equations and their applications. Factoring and solving quadratic, radical, rational, and polynomial equations is also very important in this section. Trigonometry content is also included in this section.
|math sections||topics||Numer of Questions|
|#1||Arithmetic||Fractions and Decimals, Real Numbers and Integers, Equations and Inequalities,||20|
|#2||Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics (QAS)||Algebraic Expressions, Proportions, Ratios, and Percent, Geometry and Solid Figures, Linear Functions||20|
|#3||Advanced Algebra and Functions||Trigonometric Functions, Quadratic, Polynomials, Exponents and Radicals, Matrices, Complex Numbers||20|
Best Accuplcer Math Prep Resource for 2022
Complete List of Accuplacer Math Topics
Fractions and Decimals
- Simplifying Fractions
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions
- Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
- Adding Mixed Numbers
- Subtracting Mixed Numbers
- Multiplying Mixed Numbers
- Dividing Mixed Numbers
- Adding and Subtracting Decimals
- Multiplying and Dividing Decimals
- Comparing Decimals
- Rounding Decimals
- Factoring Numbers
- Greatest Common Factor
- Least Common Multiple
Real Numbers and Integers
- Adding and Subtracting Integers
- Multiplying and Dividing Integers
- Order of Operations
- Ordering Integers and Numbers
- Integers and Absolute Value
Proportions, Ratios, and Percent
- Simplifying Ratios
- Proportional Ratios
- Similarity and Ratios
- Percentage Calculations
- Percent Problems
- Discount, Tax and Tip
- Percent of Increase and Decrease
- Simple Interest
- Simplifying Variable Expressions
- Simplifying Polynomial Expressions
- Translate Phrases into an Algebraic Statement
- The Distributive Property
- Evaluating One Variable Expressions
- Evaluating Two Variables Expressions
- Combining like Terms
Equations and Inequalities
- One-Step Equations
- Multi-Step Equations
- Graphing Single–Variable Inequalities
- One-Step Inequalities
- Multi-Step Inequalities
- Systems of Equations
- Finding Slope
- Graphing Lines Using Standard Form
- Graphing Lines Using Slope-Intercept Form
- Writing Linear Equations
- Graphing Linear Inequalities
- Finding Midpoint
- Finding Distance of Two Points
Exponents and Radicals
- Multiplication Property of Exponents
- Division Property of Exponents
- Zero and Negative Exponents
- Powers of Products and Quotients
- Negative Exponents and Negative Bases
- Scientific Notation
- Writing Polynomials in Standard Form
- Simplifying Polynomials
- Adding and Subtracting Polynomials
- Multiplying Monomials
- Multiplying and Dividing Monomials
- Multiplying a Polynomial and a Monomial
- Multiplying Binomials
- Factoring Trinomials
- Operations with Polynomials
Geometry and Solid Figures
Statistics and Probability
- Function Notation
- Adding and Subtracting Functions
- Multiplying and Dividing Functions
- Composition of Functions
- Solving a Quadratic Equation
- Graphing Quadratic Functions
- Solving Quadratic Inequalities
- Graphing Quadratic Inequalities
- Adding and Subtracting Complex Numbers
- Multiplying and Dividing Complex Numbers
- Rationalizing Imaginary Denominators
- Trig Ratios of General Angles
- Coterminal Angles and Reference Angles
- Angles and Angle Measure
- Evaluating Trigonometric Function
- Missing Sides and Angles of a Right Triangle
- Arc Length and Sector Area
Is the Accuplacer next-generation Math test hard?
It can be challenging, but if you study the lessons of this test well, you can pass this test successfully.
How do I study for the Accuplacer next-generation Math?
How you prepare for the Accuplacer math test is very important. You can use good prep books to prepare well for the Accuplacer Math test. You can also use online practice tests for further practice after studying the Accuplacer exam courses.
How is the Accuplacer’s next-generation Test Scored?
The score range for writing, reading, quantitative reasoning, arithmetic, algebra and statistics, advanced algebra, and functions is 200-300. for more information, you can check here.
The Best Books to Ace the Accuplacer Math Test
More math articles
- Top 10 6th Grade PSSA Math Practice Questions
- Algebra Puzzle – Challenge 36
- Who is the Greatest Mathematician of all time?
- How is the ACT Test Scored?
- The Best Keyboards For Online Teaching
- How to Multiply Binomials? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- 8th Grade Common Core Math Practice Test Questions
- How to Choose the Best Laptop for College?
- Hоw tо Choose thе Right Calculator fоr High Sсhооl
- 3rd Grade MAP Math Practice Test Questions