Algebra Puzzle – Challenge 41
Who can solve this math puzzle? This critical thinking challenge is for those who want to improve their critical thinking skills.
The price of two pounds of apple is $2.55 less than the price of the same apple. What is the price of 4 pounds of apple with the same rate?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is E.
Let A be the price of the apple. Therefore:
2A = 5A – 2.55 →3A = 2.55 → A = 0.85
The price of 4 pounds of apple is:
4 × 0.85 = 3.4
Related to This Article
More math articles
- FREE 6th Grade Common Core Math Practice Test
- 8th Grade NYSE Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Coordinate Planes as Maps
- GED Math Study guide: 11 Steps to pass GED Test in 2022!
- 6th Grade Common Core Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- How to Solve Word Problems Involving Multiplying Mixed Numbers
- How to Compare Decimals? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- Using Vertical and Horizontal Number Lines to Represent Integers
- 4th Grade M-STEP Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Area of a Triangle
What people say about "Algebra Puzzle - Challenge 41"?
No one replied yet.