Algebra Puzzle – Challenge 41
Who can solve this math puzzle? This critical thinking challenge is for those who want to improve their critical thinking skills.
The price of two pounds of apple is $2.55 less than the price of the same apple. What is the price of 4 pounds of apple with the same rate?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is E.
Let A be the price of the apple. Therefore:
2A = 5A – 2.55 →3A = 2.55 → A = 0.85
The price of 4 pounds of apple is:
4 × 0.85 = 3.4
More math articles
- FREE 4th Grade MAP Math Practice Test
- Top 10 5th Grade NYSE Math Practice Questions
- How to Prepare for the THEA Math Test?
- How to Find the Surface Area of Pyramid?
- Overview of the TSI Mathematics Test
- How to Find the Direction of Vectors?
- 5 Best Smartphones for Math Teachers
- Praxis Core Math – Test Day Tips
- How to Find Arc Length and Sector Area? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- 10 Most Common 4th Grade MAP Math Questions