Algebra Puzzle – Challenge 41
Who can solve this math puzzle? This critical thinking challenge is for those who want to improve their critical thinking skills.
The price of two pounds of apple is $2.55 less than the price of the same apple. What is the price of 4 pounds of apple with the same rate?
The Absolute Best Book to Challenge Your Smart Student!
The correct answer is E.
Let A be the price of the apple. Therefore:
2A = 5A – 2.55 →3A = 2.55 → A = 0.85
The price of 4 pounds of apple is:
4 × 0.85 = 3.4
The Absolute Best Books to Ace AlgebraSatisfied 1 StudentsSatisfied 125 Students
Related to This Article
More math articles
- SHSAT Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Master Polynomial Functions
- CBEST Math-Test Day Tips
- How to Graph Inequality: Using Number Lines to Graph Inequalities
- Full-Length 6th Grade SBAC Math Practice Test
- How is the ASVAB Test Scored?
- TSI Math-Test Day Tips
- PERT Math Formulas
- Grid Magic: How to Complete Decimal Multiplication Sentences
- Algebra Puzzle – Challenge 37