If you are looking for a comprehensive and perfect math prep book to help you prepare for the GED Math test, this guide is just for you.
With so many GED prep books and study guides to choose from in the market, how can you choose the good ones from the bad ones? Well, not to worry because the Effortless Math team has evaluated the most popular GED prep books and study guides for you! Keep in mind that no single book, study guide, or online resource is a magic bullet.
In this best GED Math prep books review, you will learn which GED Math prep book is the best choice for you and can help you succeed on the GED Math test.
Please keep in mind that pricing and availability are accurate as of the publish time, but may fluctuate.
Best GED Math Prep Books in 2021
1- GED Math for Beginners: The Ultimate Step by Step Guide to Preparing for the GED Math Test
GED Math for Beginners is the absolute best study guide to help test takers prepare for the math section of the GED exam. Of course, this book can be suitable for students of any level because it uses the best methods and all the appropriate strategies to help test-takers ace the GED Math test. GED Math for Beginners is one of the best books to help you overcome test anxiety and boost your confidence for the GED Math Test. In fact, with the help of this tutorial, you do not need a math teacher to pave the way for your success.
Some of the benefits of this book are:
- The book’s contents are completely aligned with GED 2021 test.
- Covers everything you need for the GED Math Test.
- The tutorials and examples are step-by-step so that beginners can easily understand the concepts.
- It includes two complete and realistic GED Math tests that will fully prepare you for the GED Math test.
- Great Layout
- Excellent study guide all together
- Visually appealing as well as informative book
- Helps you prepare a study plan
- Tips and proven strategies from experts
- Numerous strategies to guide students
- Decent coverage of all GED Math concepts
- Ample practice questions
- Over 8,000 online practice questions
- Online video tutorials
- A comprehensive list of all GED Math formulas (online)
- Sample GED Math practice questions for your exam pattern familiarity
- Includes well-described answers
- Periodically updated content
- Helpful reviews for self-assessment
- Two realistic GED Math practice tests
- Useful user interface
- Affordable pricing
- Preferred by aspirants
- Doesn’t cover all GED subjects (it’s a GED Math Prep book)
2- GED Test Prep Plus 2021: 2 Practice Tests + Proven Strategies + Online (Kaplan Test Prep)
A comprehensive book that is fully compatible with GED test topics. It is a self-study book so you can use it according to your daily schedule and learning speed. Due to the existence of test videos and many practice questions and strategies in this book, it can be a very useful source for success in the GED test.
- There are a lot of practice questions in the book
- Two practice tests corresponding to the GED test
- Existence of online educational videos
- Assess the skills and strategies required in the GED test
- Lack of updating the questions in the book compared to previous versions
3- GED Test Prep 2020 & 2021: GED Secrets Study Guide All Subjects, Full-Length Practice Test, Step-by-Step Preparation Video Tutorials
It is a comprehensive book that is very useful for those who want to take the GED exam. The principles and concepts are described in detail in this book. In many concepts, there are links to online videos, in which the steps to solve the questions are explained step by step.
- Practice tests with accurate descriptive answers
- Full coverage of all GED test topics
- Introduce strategies for better performance in the GED test
- Existence of step-by-step videos for difficult topics
- For those who are looking for a community study guide, this may not be the case
4- GED Study Guide 2020 and 2021 All Subjects: GED Test Prep 2020 and 2021 with 2 Practice Tests
Test Prep Books’ GED Study Guide 2020 and 2021 All Subjects will help you use your time wisely by knowing the latest test strategies. This book provides test tips and helps you save time and avoid common mistakes on test day.
- It’s suitable for a quick overview
- It teaches you testing strategies
- It has all sections of the GED test include: Mathematical Reasoning, Reasoning Through Language Arts, Science, Social Studies
- It includes Practice Questions
- For each question, it has a detailed answer explanation.
- It’s not suitable for beginners.
- The Math section doesn’t provide a comprehensive review of all GED Math concepts
5- GED® Math Test Tutor, For the 2021 GED® Test, 2nd Edition
The GED® Math Test Tutor provides one of the most complete guides to success in the GED Math Test. This book will make it easier for you to learn what is required for the GED math test by providing helpful tips.
- It has a targeted subject review that covers all the content required in the GED Math test.
- This book Includes diagnostic pre-tests and two complete practice tests to help you identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- It has detailed answer descriptions to help you identify the location needed for further review.
- It’s not easy for most test takers to understand the book for self-teaching.
- It does not have a step-by-step guide and explanations for each problem.
6- The GED Tutor Book: GED Study Guide 2021 All Subjects with Practice Test Questions
APEX Test Prep’s The GED Tutor Book is a comprehensive book that includes test tips, simple instructions, comprehensive materials, practice questions, and detailed explanations, and all the information you need to prepare for the GED exam.
- It has Straightforward instructions to better understand the contents
- This book teaches you test tips to help you reduce test anxiety
- It contains GED Practice Test Questions to better assess your skills
- Concept review is not in-depth
7- GED Math Exercise Book: Student Workbook and Two Realistic GED Math Tests
The GED Math Exercise book helps prepare test takers for the GED Math Exam. This book is a valuable learning tool for test-takers who need extra practice in math to improve their GED Math score. This workbook acts as your ticket to get a higher GED Math score.
Some of the benefits of this book are:
- It has separate math chapters for a complete review of the GED Math test.
- It includes two full-length practice tests with detailed answers.
- It has exercised on various GED Math topics such as integers, percentages, equations, polynomials, symbols, and radicals.
- It includes over 2500 additional GED Math practice questions in multiple-choice and grid-in formats with answers grouped by topic.
- Offers the most comprehensive GED Math practice questions
- Focuses only on the Math section of the GED test
- Easy to read and understand
- Offers two realistic GED Math Practice Tests with detailed explanations for each question
- Reasonable price
Doesn’t provide step-by-step instructions for all exercises (it provides detailed explanations only for the practice tests)
8- GED Study Guide 2020-2021 All Subjects: Test Prep Book with Practice Questions for the General Educational Development Exam
This comprehensive book is designed by experts to get you to your goal in the shortest time and at the lowest cost. A quick and accurate guide to what you need for the GED test is provided in this book. Unlike a tutoring session, you can use this book according to your schedule and get closer to success step by step.
- Full coverage of GED test topics
- Practice questions to make you more familiar with the type of test questions
- Strategies for getting a higher score on the test
- There isn’t a realistic and full exam at the end of the book
9- GED Math Study Guide 2020 – 2021: A Comprehensive Review and Step-By-Step Guide to Preparing for the GED Math
The GED Math Study Guide is a great book to help you prepare for the GED Math Test. This book includes math lessons, extensive exercises, sample GED Math questions, and quizzes with answers and detailed solutions to help you improve your math skills, overcome test anxiety, and increase your confidence for the GED Math test. In fact, after studying and completing this book, you will have enough foundation and practice to take the GED Math test.
- Concise and to the point content
- Remarkable Explanations
- It includes a step-by-step guide to all GED math topics and covers all the material needed for the test.
- It has 2 full-length and realistic practice tests (including new types of questions) with detailed answers.
- Reasonable price
- It provides a brief explanation for each topic. You may need to use its online material for some Math concepts
10- Ace the GED Math in 30 Days: The Ultimate Crash Course to Beat the GED Math Test
Ace the GED Math in 30 Days is a great book to help you improve your math skills in no time (only 30 days). This book will help you learn the most effective methods and solutions for fast and effective preparation for the GED Math test.
- It fully covers all GED Math concepts and topics you will be tested on.
- It has a step-by-step guide for all GED Math topics.
- This book includes over 2500 GED Math practice questions in multiple-choice and grid-in formats with topic grouped answers.
- It includes 2 complete practice tests (including a variety of new questions) with detailed answers.
- It only covers the math section of the GED test
GED Math Prep Books Comparison Table (2021)
|Rank||Title||Publisher||# of Pages||Practice test||Online material||Price|
|#1||GED Math for beginners||Effortless Math Education||207 pages||2 full-length practice tests||Yes||$17.21|
|#2||GED Test Prep Plus 2021||Kaplan Publishing||780 pages||2 Practice Tests||Yes||$20.99|
|#3||GED Test Prep 2020 & 2021||Mometrix Media LLC||386 pages||Yes||$21.84|
|#4||GED Study Guide 2020 and 2021 All Subjects||Test Prep Books||359 pages||2 Practice Tests||Yes||$18.32|
|#5||GED® Math Test Tutor||Research & Education Association||368 pages||2 complete practice tests||No||$14.52|
|#6||The GED Tutor Book||APEX Test Prep||274 pages||It includes practice test||No||$18.99|
|#7||GED Math Exercise Book||Effortless Math Education||203 pages||2 Practice Tests||No||$13.49|
|#8||GED Study Guide 2020-2021 All Subjects||Accepted, Inc.||410 pages||2 full practice tests||Yes||$19.99|
|#9||GED Math Study Guide 2020 – 2021||Effortless Math Education||213 pages||2 full-length practice tests||No||$15.99|
|#10||Ace the GED Math in 30 Days||Effortless Math Education||207 pages||2 complete practice tests||No||$14.99|
What is the GED Test?
The General Education Development (GED) is a high school equivalence test administered in 50 states in the United States. This test is for those who have not finished high school and are looking to continue their advanced education and is equivalent to a high school diploma. The GED is a computer-based test that exams test takers in the Reasoning Through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Social Studies, and Science sections. One of the conditions for taking the GED test is that the test taker must be at least 16 years old and not currently enrolled in high school.
On each of the four modules of GED subtests, it is essential to secure a minimum score of 145. Scoring is calculated on a scale of 100 to 200.
The GED Mathematical Reasoning Test is a 115-minute test that has two parts: The first part consists of 5 questions where the calculator is not allowed. The second part contains 41 test questions. In the second part, the calculator is allowed.
What does the GED Math test assess?
The GED math test evaluates your insight and aptitudes in various numerical subject fields like Algebra, Arithmetic, Geometry, and Data Analysis.
How long is the GED Math test?
You get 115 minutes (one hour and fifty-five minutes) to finish the GED Mathematical Reasoning subtest. The test comprises two sections with a break in between.
The first part incorporates five questions, you are not permitted to use a calculator however, in the second part, you can utilize your TI-30XS scientific calculator or the on-screen provided calculator.