What Skills Do I Need for the ALEKS Math Test?
ALEKS stands for Assessment and Learning in Knowledge Spaces. ALEKS is a math, business, science, and behavioral science online program.
ALEKS is an artificially intelligent evaluation and learning system that runs on the web. It uses adaptive questioning to accurately determine the student’s knowledge in a particular course, including mathematics.
Instructs students on topics they’re almost ready to learn and takes periodic assessments to ensure that students have retained what they learned.
The assessment will give you a better sense of your strengths and weaknesses and give you a chance to work on your weaknesses.
Keep in mind that you have to be honest about your skills. Pretending to be better than you are will only place you at a higher level that will prove difficult for you, basically, to your detriment.
Following the assessment, you will be allocated a specific prep and learning module to review and master to improve your placement and course outcomes.
Students who take the ALEKS placement assessment are those who do not have current ACT/SAT scores. Students in STEM, Business, Economics, Forensics, and Exercise Science who have an ACT Math score of less than 27 or an SAT Math score of less than 630 are also eligible. Also, any major with an ACT Math score of less than 22 or an SAT Math score of less than 530.
The Absolute Best Book to Ace the ALEKS Math Test
Topics covered on ALEKS math assessment
8. Functions Operations
11. Geometry and Solid Figures
12. Statistics and Probability
13. Complex Numbers
How to study for the ALEKS math test
1- Select an ALEKS study guide
Ensure that your review includes comprehensive instruction, guided practice, and interactive tests.
This comprehensive ALEKS Math prep resource is one of the best resources to help you improve your knowledge of mathematics and prepare for the ALEKS assessment:
2- Learn the content
Don’t try finding shortcuts, and don’t be ashamed of learning the basics if you’re not very good at them. Make use of ALEKS Math diagnostic tests to define where you should focus your energies. The grade reports are also beneficial in measuring your progress and keeping you on track
Practice the topics covered in the test. Practicing outside the curriculum is not necessary. It would help if you didn’t practice less either.
4- Take an ALEKS practice test
Preparation for ALEKS assessment is not complete without taking practice tests, practice questions, classes, and tutorials are great, but taking the ALEKS practice test will give you an idea of what to expect when you take the assessment.
The final step involves signing up for the assessment, no need to be worried or anxious about it if you’ve taken the steps above. Besides, it is an assessment, not a test, so there’s no penalty for a wrong answer.
1. If you’re planning on taking one of the following courses: Math 0120, Math 0125, Math 0200, or Math 0400. Then you must meet one of the following conditions:
- Have gotten a C or better in Math 0031 or a transfer course equivalent to Math 0031
- You must have credit for Math 0120, Math 0200, or a higher-level math course, or their equivalents.
2. If you want to study Math 0220, you must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- have scored a 4 or 5 on the Math AB or Math BC Advanced Placement Exam
- have gotten a C or better in Math 0200
- have earned a C or better in a transfer course equivalent to Math 0200
- you have credit for Calculus 1 or a higher-level math course and want to repeat Calculus 1
Best ALEKS Math Prep Resource
More from Effortless Math for ALEKS Test …
If you are preparing for the ALEKS exam, you need to know how ALEKS grading works.
We review ALEKS scoring in this article: How does ALEKS Grading Work?
We provide a list of Top 10 Free Websites for ALEKS Math Preparation for you to find free online resources.
Are you enrolled in the ALEKS course and are having trouble completing the topics?
This article talks about the tips that help you complete your ALEKS quickly: How to Get ALEKS Done Fast?
The Best Books to Ace the ALEKS Math Test
Prepare for the ALEKS Math Test in 7 Days A Quick Study Guide with Two Full-Length ALEKS Math Practice Tests
Have any questions about the ALEKS Test?
Write your questions about the ALEKS or any other topics below and we’ll reply!
Related to This Article
More math articles
- How to Do Multiple Ways of Fractions Decomposition
- How to Define Sine, Cosine, and Tangent
- How to Use Box Multiplication Method
- Full-Length 6th Grade SBAC Math Practice Test
- Compare the Temperatures Above and Below Zero
- Convert Rational Numbers to a Fraction
- FREE 5th Grade OST Math Practice Test
- How to Manage Your Time Effectively on the Praxis Core Math Test?
- 5th Grade ACT Aspire Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- 6th Grade ACT Aspire Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable