Can the CBEST Test be Waived?
If you are interested in becoming a substitute teacher in California, you may want to know if there is another way instead of taking the CBEST test. We answer this question in this post. So join us!
The Absolute Best Book to Ace the CBEST Math Test
The California Basic Educational Skills Test or CBEST is an aptitude test designed to meet the requirements of laws relating to employment and credentialing. There are three subtests in this test:
- Writing skills
This test includes multiple-choice questions and essay writing. Three subtests can be done at the same time or individually. A total score of 123 is required in all three subtests to pass the test.
If you have one of the following, you can skip the CBEST test:
- Get a score of 3 or higher on the College Board AP English exam and a score of 3 or higher on the AP Calculus or the AP Statistics exam.
- Obtain a score of at least 550 on the SAT math exam and a score of at least 500 on the SAT English exam.
- Get a score of at least 23 on the ACT mathematics exam and a score of at least 22 on the ACT English exam.
- Demonstrate proficiency in both English and math at the California State University Early Assessment Program, showing status as “Exempt” or “College Ready” in each part.
- Passed all three subtests CSET: multiple subjects plus the CSET: Writing Skills.
- Passed a basic skills exam from another state.
Looking for the best resources to help you or your student succeed on the CBEST test?
The Best Book to Ace the CBEST Test
More from Effortless Math for CBEST Test…
Are you preparing for the CBEST math test and do not know how to pass it successfully?
How to Prepare for the CBEST Math Test step by step guides you to succeed in the CBEST Math Test.
Do you know the effective tips and strategies for passing the CBEST math test?
If your answer is no, we suggest you read Top 10 Tips to ACE the CBEST Math Test.
Practice is what always leads you to success in the CBEST math test. For this purpose, we have prepared the Top 10 CBEST Math Practice Questions for you.
The Perfect Prep Books for the CBEST Math Test
Have any questions about the CBEST Test?
Write your questions about the CBEST or any other topics below and we’ll reply!
More math articles
- FREE 4th Grade PSSA Math Practice Test
- Full-Length 7th Grade MCAS Math Practice Test-Answers and Explanations
- 5th Grade MAP Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- 3rd Grade NHSAS Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Solve Inverse Variation?
- Other Topics Puzzle – Challenge 99
- Overview of the SHSAT Mathematics Test
- 6th Grade PARCC Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- CLEP College Algebra Formulas
- Top 10 6th Grade STAAR Math Practice Questions