Best Calculators for Linear Algebra and Calculus
Linear algebra and calculus are some of the most technical math courses. Solving without any aid could be difficult as well as time-consuming. With the use of the right calculator, you will be able to optimize your calculations. Not all calculators can be used for linear Algebra and Calculus.
In this article, we will be discussing some of the best calculators for linear algebra and calculus.
- 1- TI-84 Plus CE
- 2- TI-84 Plus
- 3- TI-83 Plus
- 4- TI-89 Titanium
The Absolute Best Book for the Algebra 1
Four Best Calculators for Linear Algebra
In linear Algebra, the main calculations include calculating the determinant of the matrices as well as the inverse. Calculators for linear algebra must be able to; Calculate eigenvectors and eigenvalues. And carry out RREF (Reduce row echelon form).
Since matrix operations are always time-consuming, these features are shortcuts to getting accurate answers.
Listed below are the best calculators for linear Algebra and Calculus.
TI-84 Plus CE Color Graphing Calculator (Black)
This is one of the best calculators made by Texas Instruments. Just like a smartphone, you need to download free apps which will expand its capability in solving linear algebra equations. It can be used for intensive computational modules such as computational physics among others. Guess what? It’s a complete calculator as can be used both at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- It is used in solving simultaneous equations
- For calculating Eigenvalues, LDU composition, and Cholesky Factorization.
- It is used in performing Gram Schmidt Orthonormalization.
- For calculating adjoint of a matrix
TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator
The Texas 84 plus Graphing Calculator is a black and white version of the TI-84 Plus CE Color Graphing Calculator. It is budget-friendly
- It is used for calculating dot product, the cross product of vectors
- For computing Frobenius norm of a matrix
TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator
It is the older version and yet backs up the linear Algebra apps.
- It is cheaper
- It can be used for other linear algebra courses such as differential equations.
- It performs Gram Schmidt Orthonormalization.
TI-89 Titanium Graphing Calculator
They are the newer fashion with an inbuilt Matrix mode. This made it possible to carry out basic matrix operations.
- Performs basic matrix operations like the inverse.
- They are used for LU decomposition
- Used in finding Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
The Absolute Best Book to Ace the Algebra 2 Test
Best Calculators for Calculus
In choosing a calculator for calculus, ensure it can carry out numerical differentiation and integration. It should also be able to find the derivative of a function. Below is a list of the best calculators for calculus.
TI-Nspire CX II CAS color Graphing Calculator
Computer Algebra System (CAS) depicts that the calculator can give both symbolic and numerical results. It is a smart calculator with student software.
- It consists of a dissolve wizard function which reduces syntax error in solving differential equations.
- Can perform vector calculus
TI-84 Plus CE Color Graphing Calculator (White)
It carries out symbolic differentiation which involves finding the derivative of both symbol and also numerical value at certain values of x.
Casio fx-9750 GII Graphing Calculator
It is white with an icon-based menu. It performs operations such as calculations of determinants of the matrix, inverse, and also the multiplication of matrices. Casio calculators are low in price compared to the TI series but lack some features which can be found in the TI series.
Hp 50g Graphing Calculator
It can be used for performing a wide range of calculus. This is because it is like an Excel spreadsheet. After inputting the matrix, you can perform operations such as transpose, trace, finding the determinant and rank of a matrix. It is an advanced fashion of calculator for calculus
- It can perform multiple integrals
- For calculating Fourier series
- To Calculate the Taylor/Maclaurin series of a function symbolically (up to 4th lack relative power, i.e., the difference between the highest and lowest power in the expansion is 4)
- It can be used for antiderivatives
- Performs vector calculus such as del, gradient, curl, and divergence
By now, you already know the best calculators for linear Algebra and the best calculators for calculus. Go ahead and choose which you’d like to get.
The Best Books to Ace the Algebra 2
Related to This Article
More math articles
- 5th Grade Georgia Milestones Assessment System Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- 10 Most Common 8th Grade ACT Aspire Math Questions
- 4th Grade OST Math Practice Test Questions
- How to Factor Numbers? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- Top 10 Tips You MUST Know to Retake the CHSPE Math
- Best Calculators for College Students
- 10 Most Common 5th Grade NYSE Math Questions
- How to Approximate Irrational Numbers? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- Students Make the Most Mistakes in These Math Topics
- Top 10 ISEE Upper Level Prep Books (Our 2023 Favorite Picks)
What people say about "Best Calculators for Linear Algebra and Calculus"?
No one replied yet.