What is a Good PSAT Score?

What is a Good PSAT Score?

For many students, the PSAT or Preliminary SAT is taken at least once in high school to prepare for the SAT. However, those who pass the PSAT in 11th grade are eligible for a prestigious National Merit Scholarship. Understanding what a good PSAT score is will help you to try to achieve a good enough score.

The Absolute Best Book to Ace the PSAT Math Test

The PSAT score is between 320 and 1520 points. You will get two scaled scores between 160 and 760: one for combined reading and writing (EBRW) and one for math. You will also see how you perform in all three sections with a test score between 8 and 38.

To find out what makes a good PSAT score for a sophomore, we need to look at the percentiles. Percentiles compare your section score and composite scores to other testers. So if your math score is in the 70th percentile, you are equal to or greater than 70% of the test takers (and the remaining 30% scored higher than you). The higher your percentile, the better score you will get on PSAT compared to others.

We can define a “good” PSAT score for a sophomore as a score above the 75th percentile. It means that you scored above 75% of the high school sophomores who passed the PSAT. The 75th percentile score in each section is about 520-540, or a total of 1,060.

Therefore, a good PSAT score for a sophomore is a combined score above 1,060.

College Entrance Tests

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is SAT-ACT-PSAT-Test-Brochure.png

The Best Books to Ace the PSAT Math Test

Related to "What is a Good PSAT Score?"

Top 10 Tips You MUST Know to Retake the PSAT/NMSQT Math
Top 10 Tips You MUST Know to Retake the PSAT/NMSQT Math
Top 10 Tips to ACE the PSAT/NMSQT Math Test
Top 10 Tips to ACE the PSAT/NMSQT Math Test
Top 10 Tips to Overcome PSAT Math Anxiety
Top 10 Tips to Overcome PSAT Math Anxiety
PSAT / NMSQT Math-Test Day Tips
PSAT / NMSQT Math-Test Day Tips
Top 10 Tips to Create a PSAT/NMSQT Math Study Plan
Top 10 Tips to Create a PSAT/NMSQT Math Study Plan
What does PSAT Stand for?
What does PSAT Stand for?
Overview of the PSAT / NMSQT Mathematics Test
Overview of the PSAT / NMSQT Mathematics Test
Top 10 Free Websites for PSAT / NMSQT Math Preparation
Top 10 Free Websites for PSAT / NMSQT Math Preparation
Top 10 PSAT / NMSQT Prep Books (Our 2021 Favorite Picks)
Top 10 PSAT / NMSQT Prep Books (Our 2021 Favorite Picks)
What Kind of Math is on the PSAT/NMSQT Test?
What Kind of Math is on the PSAT/NMSQT Test?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

41% OFF

Download Instantly

X

How Does It Work?

Find Books

1. Find eBooks

Locate the eBook you wish to purchase by searching for the test or title.

add to cart

2. Add to Cart

Add the eBook to your cart.

checkout

3. Checkout

Complete the quick and easy checkout process.

download

4. Download

Immediately receive the download link and get the eBook in PDF format.

Why Buy eBook From Effortlessmath?

Save money

Save up to 70% compared to print

Instantly download

Instantly download and access your eBook

help environment

Help save the environment

Access

Lifetime access to your eBook

Test titles

Over 2,000 Test Prep titles available

Customers

Over 80,000 happy customers

Star

Over 10,000 reviews with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5

Support

24/7 support

Anywhere

Anytime, Anywhere Access

Find Your Test

Schools, tutoring centers, instructors, and parents can purchase Effortless Math eBooks individually or in bulk with a credit card or PayPal. Find out more…