Are you taking the SAT or ACT exam soon? Are you wondering what is the best calculator for SAT or ACT? Then this is for you!
SAT or ACT exam isn’t that easy especially the math section. You don’t have all the time in the world to solve the questions; therefore you would need a calculator. But not all calculators are suited for the exam. Figuring out the best calculators for SAT or ACT could be tricky, and that’s why we will be helping out.
Below are some of the best calculators for SAT or ACT exams (as recommended by students and teachers).
5 Best Calculators for SAT or ACT
- 1- Casio Prizm FX- CG50 Graphing Calculator
- 2- TI-Nspire CX CAS Graphing Calculator
- 3- TI-84 Plus CE Graphics Calculator
- 4- TI-Nspire CX Graphing Calculator
- 5- Casio FX-9750GII Graphing Calculator
Casio Prizm FX- CG50 Graphing Calculator
This calculator is lightweight and can be carried everywhere. It displays equations and text boldly, thanks to its color LCD screen. You can store formulas on its 16MB memory. This will make your operation faster as you can edit and re-execute the formulas with ease. With 4 AAA alkaline batteries, the Casio Prizm FX-CG50 calculator can work for 250hours.
But the batteries are not rechargeable, so you have to carry extra batteries around depending on usage. It is perfect for both SAT and ACT.
- Color LCD with high resolution
- 8 line display, 21 character
- It is pocket friendly
- It consists of shortcut keys
- 16MB storage capacity
- Battery is non-rechargeable
TI-Nspire CX CAS Graphing Calculator
Texas instruments are known for their best calculator designs, and the TI-Nspire CX CAS Graphing Calculator is no exception. It is one of the best calculators for SAT. This calculator is the thinnest model with good performance. Its peculiar feature is the Central Algebraic system (CAS). This allows the calculator to perform algebraic operations, solve equations and check limits. Also, it has moderate RAM which allows you to store calculations and spreadsheets. The battery is rechargeable, and when fully charged, it can be used for two weeks.
- Portable design
- Made of Rugged material
- A year limited warranty
- Rechargeable battery
- CAS feature
- It is not permitted in ACT.
TI-84 Plus CE Graphics Calculator
If you want a simple Calculator with maximum functionality, then this is for you! This Calculator is widely used by SAT students due to its durability. It helps students to perform algebraic and statistical operations with ease. Graphing and other operations are made easy with their functionalities.
There are diverse shortcut keys that are easy to get answers on time. You don’t have to memorize different combinations of keys. This calculator can also convert decimals to fractions.
- Pocket friendly
- It is permitted in both SAT and ACT
- Well designed with great working ability
- Supports third-party apps.
- Variation in prices depending on the. Color.
TI-Nspire CX Graphing Calculator
The CAS functionality makes it different from TI-Nspire CX CAS Graphing Calculator. They are similar in terms of features and designs. It is capable of performing complex mathematical operations as well as graphing.
It is made of quality materials with a colored 3.5 inch LCD screen and a rechargeable battery. Amazingly, it stores images with its 100MB memory, and with the inbuilt touchpad, you can input data easily. It has 64MB RAM which makes navigation easy. It is also pocket-friendly and it is perfect for both SAT and ACT exams.
- It comes with a battery charger
- Battery is rechargeable
- Made of quality material
- CAS functionality is absent.
Casio FX-9750GII Graphing Calculator
With this Calculator, you get value for your money. It is made of long-lasting materials and comes with high LCD resolution. It has a great processing speed. Powers are displayed in 21 characters and seven rows at a time. Its basic operations include matrices, graphing, simultaneous equations among others.
- Good design with quality material
- Over 200 hours battery life
- Inbuilt graphing of conic sections
- Solves equation easily
- Consist of abbreviations which gives new users a tough time to understand
- CAS is absent
- It doesn’t simplify answers
- No rechargeable battery
You don’t need to panic about your SAT or ACT exam, with the right calculator you are good to go! So go ahead and make your choice from our list of the best calculator for SAT or ACT.
More math articles
- 5 Tips to boost your child math skill
- 10 Most Common FTCE Math Questions
- Top 10 Tips to Create a SHSAT Math Study Plan
- 6th Grade ACT Aspire Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Stand-Up Desks for Teachers and Students
- Top 5 Graphing Calculators for Physics
- Best Back-to-School Math Apps for Students
- How to Graph Rational Functions?
- What Kind of Math Is on the PSAT/NMSQT Test?
- AFOQT Math-Test Day Tips