How many Questions Are on the STAAR Test?
The STAAR is a set of standardized tests that primary and secondary students in Texas must pass to progress to the next level and graduate from high school. The STAAR test assesses students in the following five areas: science, writing, reading, math, and social studies.
But the important question is how many questions are on the STAAR? Join us to answer this question.
The Absolute Best Book to Ace 8th Grade STAAR Math Test
The reading assessment consists of multiple-choice questions. The number of test questions is increasing year by year:
- 3rd grade: 40 questions
- 4th grade: 44 questions
- 5th grade: 46 questions
- 6th grade: 48 questions
- 7th grade: 50 questions
- 8th grade: 52 questions
The writing assessment, which is done in the fourth and seventh grades, includes a piece of writing composition as well as multiple-choice questions.
- Students in grade 4 are required to read three passages and 12 editing questions and answer 6 revision questions.
- Seventh graders are required to read four passages and 17 editing questions and answer 13 revision questions.
The mathematical assessment contains both open-ended questions and multiple-choice.
- 3rd grade: 3 open-ended questions and 43 multiple-choice questions
- 4th grade: 3 open-ended questions and 45 multiple-choice questions
- 5th grade: 3 open-ended questions and 47 multiple-choice questions
- 6th grade: 4 open-ended questions and 48 multiple-choice questions
- 7th grade: 4 open-ended questions and 50 multiple-choice questions
- 8th grade: 4 open-ended questions and 52 multiple-choice questions
The exam is held in 5th and 8th grade. The Class 5 version contains 44 multiple-choice questions, while the Class 8 version contains 55 questions.
This test, which is only tested in grade 8, consists of 52 multiple-choice questions.
The Best Books to Ace 8th Grade STAAR Math Test
Related to This Article
More math articles
- Full-Length 7th Grade FSA Math Practice Test
- Island Exploration: How to Unearth Side Lengths and Angle Measures of Similar Figures
- The Ultimate NDSA Algebra 1 Course (+FREE Worksheets)
- The Ultimate 6th Grade AzMERIT Math Course (+FREE Worksheets)
- The Ultimate CBEST Math Formula Cheat Sheet
- Unlock the Answers: “ASVAB Math for Beginners” Complete Solution Reference
- How to Use Elimination to Solve a System of Equations: Word Problems
- Algebra Puzzle – Critical Thinking 11
- Full-Length ISEE Middle Level Math Practice Test
- Top 10 Free Websites for TASC Math Preparation