How to Interpret STAAR Scores?
Texas Education Agency modifies the way of labeling students in STAAR tests in grades 3-12 and uses new labels for STAAR students to use this spring. Students receive numerical scores on the STAAR tests, which are categorized into “labels.” The new labels are as follows:
The Absolute Best Book to Ace 8th Grade STAAR Math Test
Masters Grade Level (passing):
The Master’s Grade Level, formerly called Advanced, means that a student who earns this grade is expected to succeed with little or no academic intervention in the next grade or course. Students in this group demonstrate the ability to think critically and use the assessed skills and knowledge in different contexts, both familiar and unfamiliar.
Meets Grade Level (passing):
Students at this level of performance are likely to succeed in the next grade or course, but may still need short-term, targeted academic intervention. Students in this group usually show the ability to think critically and use the assessed knowledge and skills in familiar areas.
Approaches Grade Level (passing):
This level was previously known as Satisfactory. The students in this group usually show the ability to use the assessed knowledge and skills in familiar areas.
Does Not Meet Grade Level (not passing):
This functional group, previously known as Unsatisfactory, applied to students who score below the Approach Grade Level. Students have not been accepted at this level. Because performance at this level shows that the student will not succeed in the next grade or course without significant, ongoing academic intervention.
Looking for the best resource to help you succeed on the STAAR Math test?
The Best Books to Ace 8th Grade STAAR Math Test
More math articles
- ACT Math Formulas
- How to Overcome GED Math Anxiety?
- Intelligent Math Puzzle – Challenge 92
- 8th Grade FSA Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Top 10 3rd Grade STAAR Math Practice Questions
- Meet the Key Reasons to Start Learning Math Now
- 4th Grade Ohio’s State Tests Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Fall in Love with Math and Studying?
- 10 Most Common 3rd Grade ACT Aspire Math Questions
- A Comprehensive Collection of Free CLEP College Mathematics Practice Tests