How long Is the SHSAT Test?
If you are preparing for the SHSAT test, you need to know how long this test will take? Read the following article to find the answer.
The Specialized High School Admissions Test (SHSAT), administered by the Department of Education, is administered by grades 8 and 9 for admission to New York City Specialized High Schools and is the only admission factor for eight of the nine specialty schools. The test is usually offered to 8th graders in late October and to 9th graders in mid-November.
The Absolute Best Book to Ace the SHSAT Math Test
The SHSAT is a timed test, pencil, and paper, and has two sections of 57 questions, ten of the questions are field test questions and do not have a score. Because you do not know which questions get scores and which ones are field questions, all questions must be treated the same. The SHSAT includes the following:
- English Language Arts (ELA): includes revising/editing, and reading comprehension
- Mathematics: includes geometry, algebra, arithmetic, statistics, and probability
Students have 3 hours (180 minutes) to complete the test and may use their judgment to determine how long each section will take. There is no space between sections. Most students need a full three hours to complete the SHSAT.
SHSAT score reports are sent to high schools in March. The highest possible score for each section is 400, which makes the highest possible score for SHSAT 800. However, the highest score may vary from year to year.
Looking for the best resource to help you succeed on the SHSAT Math test?
The Best Resource to Ace the SHSAT Math Test
More math articles
- 5th Grade MCAS Math Practice Test Questions
- 3rd Grade PARCC Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- The 5 Best Programmable Calculators to Invest in
- 6th Grade SBAC Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- 5 Best Reliable Calculators for School, Home, and Work
- Top 10 8th Grade NYSE Math Practice Questions
- Full-Length 6th Grade MCAS Math Practice Test
- Top 10 7th Grade OST Math Practice Questions
- A Comprehensive Collection of FREE ACT Math Practice Tests
- Top 10 8th Grade Georgia Milestones Assessment System Math Practice Questions