How long Is the SHSAT Test?
If you are preparing for the SHSAT test, you need to know how long this test will take? Read the following article to find the answer.
The Specialized High School Admissions Test (SHSAT), administered by the Department of Education, is administered by grades 8 and 9 for admission to New York City Specialized High Schools and is the only admission factor for eight of the nine specialty schools. The test is usually offered to 8th graders in late October and to 9th graders in mid-November.
The Absolute Best Book to Ace the SHSAT Math Test
The SHSAT is a timed test, pencil, and paper, and has two sections of 57 questions, ten of the questions are field test questions and do not have a score. Because you do not know which questions get scores and which ones are field questions, all questions must be treated the same. The SHSAT includes the following:
- English Language Arts (ELA): includes revising/editing, and reading comprehension
- Mathematics: includes geometry, algebra, arithmetic, statistics, and probability
Students have 3 hours (180 minutes) to complete the test and may use their judgment to determine how long each section will take. There is no space between sections. Most students need a full three hours to complete the SHSAT.
SHSAT score reports are sent to high schools in March. The highest possible score for each section is 400, which makes the highest possible score for SHSAT 800. However, the highest score may vary from year to year.
Looking for the best resource to help you succeed on the SHSAT Math test?
The Best Resource to Ace the SHSAT Math Test
SHSAT Math Practice Workbook 2024 The Most Comprehensive Review for the Math Section of the SHSAT Test
The Most Comprehensive SHSAT Math Preparation Bundle Includes SHSAT Math Prep Books, Workbooks, and Practice Tests
SHSAT Math Workbook 2020 – 2021 The Most Comprehensive Review for the Math Section of the SHSAT Test
Related to This Article
More math articles
- Best Office Chairs for Online Math Teachers
- How to Solve Triangles Problems? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- The Ultimate SBAC Algebra 1 Course (+FREE Worksheets)
- 10 Most Common 8th Grade Georgia Milestones Assessment System Math Questions
- How to Find Rational and Irrational Numbers?
- 4th Grade TCAP Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- 4th Grade WVGSA Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Write the Equation of a Cosine Graph?
- How to Define Limits Analytically Using Correct Notation?
- SAT Math vs. ACT Math: the Key Differences