GED Calculator Guide: Learn How To Use The TI-30XS
Understanding how to use the calculator is the most critical aspect of any high school equivalency math test. That is because each test has strict rules on the use of calculators. If you are giving the GED test, you need to understand how to use the TI-30XS calculator.
If you are giving the test soon, you are in the right place. Here is everything you need to know about using the GED Math calculator.
The Important Keys on the TI-30XS
Firstly, you need to familiarize yourself with all the essential buttons and keys on the TI-30XS calculator. Here are the top ones you can’t do your GED test without:
- Enter Key: Acts as an equal
- Clear Key: Press it before beginning a new problem
- Arrow Keys: Use it to navigate the display screen
- Percent Key: To use this, you need to press the open parenthesis key and 2nd key simultaneously
- PI Key: Use this when you want to solve problems with PI
- Square Root Key: To use this, you need to press the square root key and 2nd key simultaneously
These are the most important keys for your GED Math test. Remember that if you don’t have a calculator, a digital one will be given on the computer for you to use.
How To Use the TI-30XS Calculator on the Computer?
You might not be familiar with using the calculator digitally. Most of us have calculators with us while practicing to ensure ease of use. That is why here are the steps you need to take to ensure the appropriate use of the GED calculator:
1. Open the Calculator
On the test screen, there will be a calculator icon for you to use. Click on the calculator icon to begin using it for your GED Math test.
2. Dragging the Calculator
Once the calculator appears on your screen, you can click and drag it on the screen. Remember to keep it in a space that does not cover your test questions for ease of use.
3. Moving the Calculator
To move the calculator around the screen, you should hold your cursor on the calculator, press the mouse, and drag it anywhere you like. Once you have placed it in a space that is easy to use, you can release the mouse.
4. Making the Calculator Disappear
Once you are done using the calculator, you can always move it away from your screen. To do this, you can push the X on the top of the calculator. It will close, and you won’t see it on the screen anymore.
That was your complete guide on how to use the TI-30XS GED calculator. Follow these instructions, and using the calculator will be a breeze. It will allow you to finish your test on time and get the most out of your math test.
It is best to familiarize yourself with the calculator before you take the test. Once you do, the test will be easy to ace in no time.
High School Equivalency Tests
The Best Books to Ace the GED Math Test
More from Effortless Math for GED Test …
Are you looking for a complete and FREE GED Math course to help you prepare for your GED Math test?
Check out our Ultimate GED Math Course.
Need Math worksheets to help you measure your exam readiness for your upcoming GED test?
Have a look at our comprehensive GED Math Worksheets to help you practice all GED Math concepts and prepare for the GED Math test.
Looking for GED Math websites to find FREE online resources?
Here is our complete list of the Top 10 Websites for FREE GED Math Preparation.
Need a practice test to help you improve your GED Math score?
The Perfect Prep Books for the GED Math Test
Have any questions about the GED Test?
Write your questions about the GED or any other topics below and we’ll reply!
Related to This Article
More math articles
- 10 Most Common 5th Grade MAP Math Questions
- 3rd Grade PARCC Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Simplify Polynomial Expressions? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- 4th Grade WY-TOPP Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Find Probability of an Event? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- How to Find the End Behavior of Rational Functions?
- The Ultimate OAR Math Course (+FREE Worksheets)
- Top 10 3rd Grade PARCC Math Practice Questions
- FREE 8th Grade STAAR Math Practice Test
- FREE 4th Grade Georgia Milestones Assessment System Math Practice Test