Do you think that by looking at the PSAT test sheet, you will forget everything you know? Despite many studies, do you feel that you cannot answer the PSAT math questions? One of the problems that many of us face is not having a calm mind during the test. Math anxiety can lead to unpleasant effects as well as serious damage to the psyche. Therefore, controlling anxiety is a big step towards achieving the best result in PSAT math.
Join us to learn the best ways to deal with pressure and anxiety for the PSAT math.
The Absolute Best Book to Ace the PSAT Math Test
1- Find out what will be on the PSAT
Familiarize yourself with the PSAT format to know what to expect. See what the math section covers. Familiarity with the PSAT format can reduce your math anxiety and help you improve on exams.
2- Take enough time for the exam preparation program
If you prepare for PSAT math early, math anxiety will not bother you, and your mind will be calm. If you try to learn everything quickly, you will put a lot of pressure on your mind, and your math anxiety will increase. So it is better to prepare yourself sooner to get rid of math anxiety.
3- Review regularly
Because you start the process early, the topics you cover at the beginning are forgotten by the time you get to the bottom of the list – unless you review them periodically.
4- Maintain a positive attitude related to the PSAT
It may seem impossible at first. Start small from the beginning and set your conversation in a more optimistic tone. Remind yourself often that you are over your score and should not tie your worth to test performance. Set reasonable expectations of yourself, be kind in the short term, and reward your efforts.
5- Stay healthy
Self-care is very important as you prepare for the PSAT math. Make sure you get enough sleep – sleep is very important for our brain. Eat healthy food – do not diet, and do not overeat junk food. Keep your food balanced and satisfied. Take time to rest and relax.
Best PSAT Math Prep Resource for 2021
Take a deep breath when your heart starts beating and negative thoughts start creeping. Aside from clearing the head, deep breathing lowers blood pressure, lowers heart rate, and improves your ability to concentrate.
7- Instead of memorizing, focus on why
One of the best ways to learn math is to focus on understanding the concept rather than worrying about memorizing a particular formula. If you understand why mathematics works the same way, you can easily memorize its characteristics. So focus on being able to explain what the formula does, even if you can’t always remember exactly which symbol is going where.
8- Study with others
Working with a group can be much more effective than studying. If you have friends like you who want to take the PSAT test, meet to study math and compare notes. Group study can reduce your math anxiety and improve your weaknesses.
9- Failure is a natural part of learning
Failure is a natural part of learning math. Mistakes are part of the learning process so do not interpret them as a reflection of your intelligence and avoid the stress of math.
10- Face your fears
If there are certain types of math questions on the PSAT test that scare you, you can face them directly while studying. It will help you learn how to solve the questions better so that they are easier to answer during the actual exam.
It is good to know that it is normal to have a little anxiety on exam days, and it is relatively common to go beyond those nerves to feel anxious, but if you experience debilitating anxiety on exam days (or every day), do not hesitate to talk to a professional counselor.
PSAT Math FREE Resources:
- The Ultimate PSAT Math Course
- PSAT Math Formulas
- PSAT Math Worksheets
- Full-Length PSAT Math Practice Test
- FREE PSAT Math Practice Test
- Top 10 Free Websites for PSAT / NMSQT Math Preparation
College Entrance Tests
The Best Books to Ace the PSAT Math Test
by: Effortless Math Team about (category: Blog)
More math articles
- How to Find Probability of an Event? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- Full-Length 7th Grade PARCC Math Practice Test-Answers and Explanations
- The Ultimate SAT Math Formula Cheat Sheet
- Top 10 Tips to Create an ACT Math Study Plan
- 4th Grade Georgia Milestones Assessment System Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- Top 10 Tips to Create an ATI TEAS 6 Math Study Plan
- Number Properties Puzzle – Challenge 22
- How to Get ALEKS Done Fast?
- 3rd Grade FSA Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- Overview of the ISEE Upper-Level Mathematics Test
- 6th Grade MCAS Math Practice Test Questions
- 3rd Grade Mathematics Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Geometry Puzzle – Challenge 63
- Algebra Puzzle – Challenge 44
- Prepare for the SAT Math: The Right Combination of Hard Work and Time Management
- How to Round Decimals? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- The Ultimate HiSET Math Course (+FREE Worksheets & Tests)
- 3rd Grade MCAS Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- 10 Most Common 3rd Grade STAAR Math Questions
- Top 10 GED Math Prep Books (Our 2021 Favorite Picks)
- Is ALEKS just for Mathematics?
- Top 10 ParaPro Math Practice Questions
- How to Divide Mixed Numbers? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- 5 Best Reliable Calculators for School, Home, and Work
- Best Tiрѕ fоr Mаth Success
- Top 10 3rd Grade FSA Math Practice Questions
- 10 Most Common Praxis Core Math Questions
- How is the ATI TEAS 6 Test Scored?
- Full-Length CLEP College Mathematics Practice Test
- Top 10 5th Grade NYSE Math Practice Questions