Geometry Puzzle – Challenge 60
This is a great math challenge related to geometry for those who ejoy solving math challenges. The answer is also provided.
In the figure above, A and B are equidistant from the line n. How many circles can be drawn with their centers on line n and that pass through both A and B?
E- More than 4
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is E.
Since, the distance from any point on line n to the points A and B are equal, then, any point on line n can be the center of a circle. The distance from that point to either A or B could be the radius of a circle.
Related to This Article
More math articles
- Full-Length ASVAB Math Practice Test-Answers and Explanations
- How to Use Multiplication Models Rising Up to 1000s Place Values
- Brain Training Apps and How They Help Increase Memory and Focus
- 7th Grade DCAS Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Full-Length AFOQT Math Practice Test-Answers and Explanations
- How to Find Vector Components?
- Top 10 6th Grade MAP Math Practice Questions
- How to Find the Area and Circumference of Circles? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- 10 Most Common SHSAT Math Questions
- Probability Distribution