Geometry Puzzle – Challenge 59
Math puzzles like this one increase your logical and critical thinking skills. Let's tease your brain with another math challenge!
In the figure above, ABCD is a parallelogram and point E is the midpoint of CD. What is the ratio of the area of triangle ADE to parallelogram ABCD?
A- 1 : 2
B- 1 : 3
C- 1 : 4
D- 1 : 6
E- it cannot be determined
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is C.
AD divides the parallelogram in half. AE divides the half parallelogram into half again. Because the heights of triangles ACE and ADE are equal and their bases are equal.
Triangle ADE is, therefore, one fourth of the parallelogram. And the ratio is 1 : 4
More math articles
- ISEE Middle Level Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- How long Is the ACT Test?
- Stand-Up Desks for Teachers and Students
- 8th Grade STAAR Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- Top 10 Tips You MUST Know to Retake the CHSPE Math
- Hоw to сhооѕе thе right laptop for оnlinе mаth teaching
- 3rd Grade North Carolina End-of-Grade Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Evaluate Trigonometric Function? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- Top 10 8th Grade ACT Aspire Math Practice Questions
- 4th Grade MEAP Math FREE Sample Practice Questions