Geometry Puzzle – Challenge 59
Math puzzles like this one increase your logical and critical thinking skills. Let's tease your brain with another math challenge!
In the figure above, ABCD is a parallelogram and point E is the midpoint of CD. What is the ratio of the area of triangle ADE to parallelogram ABCD?
A- 1 : 2
B- 1 : 3
C- 1 : 4
D- 1 : 6
E- it cannot be determined
The Absolute Best Book to Challenge Your Smart Student!
The correct answer is C.
AD divides the parallelogram in half. AE divides the half parallelogram into half again. Because the heights of triangles ACE and ADE are equal and their bases are equal.
Triangle ADE is, therefore, one fourth of the parallelogram. And the ratio is 1 : 4
The Best Books to Ace Algebra$14.99Satisfied 1 Students$14.99Satisfied 92 Students$15.99Satisfied 125 Students
Related to This Article
More math articles
- Top 10 7th Grade MAP Math Practice Questions
- How to Convey Decimals in Words
- How to Find Arc Length and Sector Area? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- How to Use Area Models and the Distributive Property to Multiply?
- Subtraction of Four-Digit Numbers
- What if I Fail the CBEST Test?
- The Ultimate ASVAB Math Formula Cheat Sheet
- How to Use Partial Products to Multiply Two-Digit Numbers By Two-digit Numbers
- Best Calculators fоr Algеbrа
- Full-Length ASVAB Math Practice Test