6 Best Pre-Algebra Study Guides
A good pre-algebra study guide will help students to strengthen their skills in math. It also helps with filling in any learning gaps. Students will learn about these different topics and use apply knowledge for the rest of their academic journey. Students will be able to solve variables, equations, and exponents. The pre-algebra study guide is an excellent way for students to prepare for algebra. After all, by understanding the foundation, they will excel.
Instead of browsing the internet for different subjects, consider buying a study guide composed of all of the problems and topics on the algebra test. But finding the best pre-algebra study guide workbook can be quite tricky because you want to make sure that the price is right, and contains suitable material that matches the students’ needs.
A good pre-algebra book is, first and foremost, affordable. Easy to use and have a ton of practice problems, quizzes, and exams. The book should also have an answer key so that the student or child can double-check their work. The book should be easy to follow with a step-by-step explanation regarding each problem: so let’s break down the best pre-algebra study guide.
Also, please know that prices and inventory may fluctuate depending on when this article is published.
The prep algebra 2001 book is for students no matter the level of math. The prep algebra 2001 book was written by a prep algebra expert to ensure that students have all the tools to succeed. This workbook has a diverse guide of everything you need to know regarding the pre-algebra exam. The comprehensive, effective strategies will help students master advanced skills in algebra, create more confidence, and strengthen students’ test-taking skills.
- A load of math building exercises
- 500 multiple-choice questions and grid format with answers included checking over your work—practice questions.
- 2-full length free algebra practice exams.
- By step easy to follow practice topics that cover all of the material
- Great for students at every math level.
- 2-algebra practice exams
- Loads of practice questions
- no cons
Price: $ 9.99
The essential pre-algebra workbook is designed to help you strengthen your skills and algebra before the exam, with loads of practice problems and answers with full, complete detailed solutions. You will become better at math. See a significant difference in your overall testing scores and the pre-algebra test. The insightful strategies of this book can be used to apply to arithmetic and Mathematics, which are valuable skills throughout college and beyond.
- Well written book explanations and summaries are easy to follow
- Wide range of examples and practice problems
- All topics on the algebra test are covered in this study guide
- Written by an expert that has 20 years of teaching.
- Covers a wide range of mathematical topics
- Practice questions along with answers
- The book was created by a math expert who has over 20 years of teaching maths and physics
- There are said to be some typos in the book
The pre-algebra concept map skills book was created by an award-winning math teacher named Richard W picture. He used his skills and expertise to craft a book that creates visible results in students. Easy to follow math book only takes about 20 minutes a day to complete each small task. The lesson structure is short, concise, and to the point making learning more engaging, quick, fast, and fun.
- Will cut study time down to 20 minutes in a day
- Easy to use answer manual
- Daily and consistent resources for students to refine their skills
- Great for homeschooling
- Short lesson plans make study fun and fast
- Contains a correction key manual
- Might not be able to have some difficulty accessing the online material
- The book may contain some answer key mistakes
Carson-dellosa’s pre-algebra workbook offers extensive practice and review questions on all pre-algebra math topics. Students get bonus activities on each page to expand on what they previously learned and further their understanding of different concepts. The 100 series has a bunch of practice activities for learning pre-algebra.
- The book has practice pages
- contains geometry and other Advanced mathematical
- Bonus activities on each page to help refresh and expand the minds of students
- Reviews sections at the beginning of every page
- Extended Learning activities
- Produces challenging topics
- No cons
If you’re looking for the best possible resources in pre-algebra, then this workbook is perfect. The prep algebra grade 6 through 8 has unlimited practice questions and exercises, giving students plenty of opportunities to work on any math struggles. This book is designed to help students build confidence. The book is suitable for all grade levels. Your child will be ready in no time for the algebra exam.
- The book covers integers, rational numbers, patterns, equations, graphing, functions, and much much more.
- The book contains hundreds of exercises
- Easy to follow well-organized topics and exercises
- Covers all topics beginner-friendly for young kids
- Very affordable
- Give students the tools they need to excel
- No cons
This is a great pre-algebra book for children. The book contains hundreds of practice problems which gives kids an immense opportunity to learn the foundation of math. Students will learn about different topics like integers, rational numbers, patterns, equations, graphing and more!
- Great for kids in the 6th-8th grade
- Easy-to-understand step-by-step explanations
- The practice problems are organized from easy, medium too difficult
- The book breaks down all the maths topics into it’s the simplest form
Not be so organized
Pre-Algebra Study Guides Comparison Table (2022)
|Rank||Title||Publisher||# of Pages||Practice test||Online material||Price|
|#1||Pre-Algebra for Beginners||Effortless Math Education||178 pages||2 full-length practice tests||Yes||$14.99|
|#2||Essential Prealgebra Skills Practice Workbook||Zishka Publishing||225 pages||Yes||No|
|#3||Pre-Algebra Concepts 2nd Edition||Math Essentials||120 pages||Yes||Yes||$19.95|
|#4||Carson Dellosa | Pre-Algebra Workbook||Carson Dellosa Education||128 pages||Yes||No||$12.99|
|#5||Practice Makes Perfect Pre-Algebra||McGraw-Hill Education||160 pages||No||$12.51|
|#6||Basic Math and Pre-Algebra||For Dummies||416 pages||No||No||$11.45|
More math articles
- 10 Most Common 4th Grade SBAC Math Questions
- 8th Grade Common Core Math Practice Test Questions
- How to Add and Subtract Fractions? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- 6th Grade PACE Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Subtract Mixed Numbers? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- How to Add and Subtract in Scientific Notations? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- How to Find the Perimeter of Polygons? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- PERT Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- 10 Most Common 5th Grade NYSE Math Questions
- CHSPE Math FREE Sample Practice Questions