What is the smallest positive integer p such that 1080p is a perfect cube number?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is 25.
First, find the factor of 1080p. The prime factors of 1080p are:
In order for \(2^3×3^3×5×p\) to be a perfect cube, each prime factor must come in sets of triples. Since, we have \(2^3×3^3×5\), thus, we only need to change 5 to \(5^3\). Therefore, p equals to \(5^2\) or 25.
More math articles
- The Ultimate ACCUPLACER Math Formula Cheat Sheet
- 10 Most Common 8th Grade ACT Aspire Math Questions
- 4th Grade K-PREP Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Full-Length 8th Grade Common Core Math Practice Test
- How to Solve Scientific Notation? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- TSI Math Formulas
- Full-Length SAT Math Practice Test
- 4 Perfect Tablets for Note-Taking in 2022
- The Ultimate CLEP College Algebra Formula Cheat Sheet
- ISEE Middle-Level Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable