In the series above, what is the fifth fraction?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is D.
Find the pattern in the number series. Each numerator or denominator of the fraction is one less than four times the previous numerator or denominator.
3 → 11
3 (4) – 1 = 11
171 × 4 – 1 = 683
299 × 4 – 1 = 1195
The number fraction is:
More math articles
- The Ultimate ISEE Upper-Level Math Course (+FREE Worksheets & Tests)
- How is the GED Math Scored?
- 10 Most Common HSPT Math Questions
- Identities of Complex Numbers
- How to Decide Between the ACT and SAT?
- Top 10 Tips for Managing Time Effectively on the ACT Math
- The Best Books for Math Teachers
- Top 10 OAR Math Practice Questions
- 4th Grade SBAC Math Practice Test Questions
- How to Solve Logarithmic Equations? (+FREE Worksheet!)