A rectangle is made of 7 equal squares. If the area of the rectangle is 567 feet, what is the perimeter of the rectangle?
A- 120 feet
B- 132 feet
C- 144 feet
D- 169 feet
E- 180 feet
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is C.
The rectangle is made of 7 equal squares. Therefore, the ratio of the width and length of the rectangle is 1 to 7. Why?
Let X be the width of the rectangle. So,
\(X × 7X = 567 → 7X^2 = 567 → X^2 = 81 → X = 9\)
The width of the rectangle is 9 feet and the length is 63 feet.
(7 × 9 = 63)
The perimeter of the rectangle is:
2 × (9 + 63) = 144 feet
More math articles
- 7th Grade ISASP Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- 5th Grade KAP Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- DAT Quantitative Reasoning Math Practice Test Questions
- ALEKS Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Find Complementary and Supplementary Angles? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- How is the ParaPro Test Scored?
- The Ultimate TSI Math Formula Cheat Sheet
- 5 Best Desks for Online Math Teachers in 2022
- Top 10 4th Grade PARCC Math Practice Questions
- How to Change Base Formula for Logarithms?