What is the degree between hour and minute hands at 6:30 AM?
Isn’t it 0? No!
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is 15 degrees.
The clock is a circle and the hour hand moves around it every 12 hours. The clock is 360 degrees divided into 12 hours. So, it’s 30 degrees per hour. The hour hand points exactly at the 6 at 6:00, so 30 minutes later, when the minute hand points at the 6, the hour hand is pointing at 6.5 or 15 degrees past 6.
More math articles
- What’s The Best Laptop for Online Teaching?
- A Comprehensive Guide to the SAT Test in 2022
- Top 10 CHSPE Math Practice Questions
- AFOQT Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Best Laptops for Online Math Teaching
- FREE 8th Grade PARCC Math Practice Test
- 10 Most Common 8th Grade OST Math Questions
- PSAT Math Formulas
- TASC Math Test-Taking Strategies
- 8 Ways to Get Your Kids To Love Math