Ratio, Proportion and Percentages Puzzle -Critical Thinking 9
Math puzzles are a great way to engage students in developing critical thinking skills. This math puzzle is an educational activity for practicing children's math skills.
The average of five numbers is 11 and the average of eight numbers is 7.75. What is the average of these 13 numbers?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is 9.
The average of five numbers is 11. Therefore, their sum is:
5 × 11 = 55
The average of eight numbers is 7.75. Therefore, their sum is:
8 × 7.75 = 62
The sum of all 13 numbers is 55 + 62 = 117
Therefore, the average of these 13 numbers is:
117 ÷ 13 = 9
Related to This Article
More math articles
- How is the ISEE Test Scored?
- 3rd Grade STAAR Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Expand Sigma Notation?
- 6th Grade MEAP Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- 5 Best Praxis Core Math Study Guides
- ASVAB Math Practice Test Questions
- How to Transform Quadratic Equations?
- Top 10 Free Websites for TSI Math Preparation
- Best Equipment for Online Math Tutoring
- How to Solve Word Problems Involving Multiplying Mixed Numbers
What people say about "Ratio, Proportion and Percentages Puzzle -Critical Thinking 9"?
No one replied yet.