Ratio, Proportion and Percentages Puzzle -Critical Thinking 9
Math puzzles are a great way to engage students in developing critical thinking skills. This math puzzle is an educational activity for practicing children's math skills.
The average of five numbers is 11 and the average of eight numbers is 7.75. What is the average of these 13 numbers?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is 9.
The average of five numbers is 11. Therefore, their sum is:
5 × 11 = 55
The average of eight numbers is 7.75. Therefore, their sum is:
8 × 7.75 = 62
The sum of all 13 numbers is 55 + 62 = 117
Therefore, the average of these 13 numbers is:
117 ÷ 13 = 9
More math articles
- 4th Grade PARCC Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- How to Rationalize Radical Expressions? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- Introduction to Sets
- Overview of the ACT Mathematics Test
- Best Cameras For Classroom Video Lectures And Online Lessons
- What Kind of Math Is on the PSAT/NMSQT Test?
- 6th Grade Common Core Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Top 10 Tips You MUST Know to Retake the SAT Math
- Top 10 HSPT Math Practice Questions
- The Ultimate ISEE Lower-Level Math Course (+FREE Worksheets & Tests)