Ratio, Proportion and Percentages Puzzle -Critical Thinking 9
Math puzzles are a great way to engage students in developing critical thinking skills. This math puzzle is an educational activity for practicing children's math skills.
The average of five numbers is 11 and the average of eight numbers is 7.75. What is the average of these 13 numbers?
The Absolute Best Book to Challenge Your Smart Student!
The correct answer is 9.
The average of five numbers is 11. Therefore, their sum is:
5 × 11 = 55
The average of eight numbers is 7.75. Therefore, their sum is:
8 × 7.75 = 62
The sum of all 13 numbers is 55 + 62 = 117
Therefore, the average of these 13 numbers is:
117 ÷ 13 = 9
The Absolute Best Books to Ace AlgebraSatisfied 1 StudentsSatisfied 125 Students
Related to This Article
More math articles
- Geometry Puzzle – Challenge 63
- 10 Most Common 8th Grade Georgia Milestones Assessment System Math Questions
- How to Master Motion: A Comprehensive Guide to Understanding the Distance Formula in Real-World Problems
- What Happens If You Don’t Pass the STAAR Test?
- FTCE Test Facts and FAQs
- TASC Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- How to Find Independent and Dependent Variables in Tables and Graphs?
- What to Consider When Retaking the ACT or SAT
- The Ultimate OAA Algebra 1 Course (+FREE Worksheets)
- 7th Grade PSSA Math FREE Sample Practice Questions