Ratio, Proportion and Percentages Puzzle – Challenge 28
This is a great math and critical thinking challenge to strengthen a child's grasp of math concepts in a fun way.
During last three years, the price of a car is reduced by \(10\%\) in the first year, \(20\%\) in the second year, and \(25\%\) in the third year. What percent of the original price is the total reduction of the car’s price?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is C.
Choose x for current price of the car. In the first year, the price of the car reduced to \(0.90 x\). Next year, it’ll be
\(0.90x × 0.80 = 0.72x\).
For the third year, the price of the car is: \(0.72x × 0.75 = 0.54 x\)
Therefore, \(46\%\) of the original price is the total reduction of the car’s price.
More math articles
- Best equipment for online math teachers
- 10 Most Common 7th Grade PARCC Math Questions
- How to Solve Arithmetic Series
- 4th Grade OST Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Ratio, Proportion and Percentages Puzzle – Challenge 29
- The Ultimate ACT Math Formula Cheat Sheet
- 4th Grade MAP Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Math Education Trends In Canadian Education System
- Top 10 SSAT Lower Level Math Practice Questions
- A Comprehensive Collection of Free ALEKS Math Practice Tests