Ratio, Proportion and Percentages Puzzle – Challenge 26
This is a great math challenge and it is a perfect educational activity for practicing children's math skills.
The sale price of a computer with \(20\%\) discount is $20 cheaper than its price with \(15\%\) discount. What is the original price of the computer?
The Absolute Best Book to Challenge Your Smart Student!
The correct answer is 400.
Let’s choose x for the original price of the computer. Then,
0.80 x = 0.85 x – 20 → 0.05x = 20 → x = 400
The original price of the computer is $400
The Absolute Best Books to Ace AlgebraSatisfied 1 StudentsSatisfied 125 Students
Related to This Article
More math articles
- Geometry Puzzle – Challenge 67
- FTCE Math Practice Test Questions
- What to Consider when Retaking the ACT or SAT?
- FREE 8th Grade PARCC Math Practice Test
- How to Use Four Operations to Find the Rule of Input/Output Tables
- 6th Grade AZMerit Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- What Does ALEKS Stand for?
- 10 Most Common 3rd Grade FSA Math Questions
- What Kind of Math Is on the TSI Test?
- Top 10 Tips You MUST Know to Retake the CLEP College Math