The sale price of a computer with \(20\%\) discount is $20 cheaper than its price with \(15\%\) discount. What is the original price of the computer?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is 400.
Let’s choose x for the original price of the computer. Then,
0.80 x = 0.85 x – 20 → 0.05x = 20 → x = 400
The original price of the computer is $400
More math articles
- SHSAT Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- 3rd Grade PSSA Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- Top 10 6th Grade PSSA Math Practice Questions
- How to Convert Repeating Decimals to Fractions? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- GED Math Practice Test & Sample [Updated for 2022]
- 3rd Grade MCAS Math Practice Test Questions
- PSAT 10 Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Top 10 SSAT Lower Level Math Practice Questions
- Subtracting 2-Digit Numbers
- How to Add and Subtract Integers? (+FREE Worksheet!)