What is the average (arithmetic mean) of all the multiples of ten from 110 to 990 inclusive?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is C.
To answer this question, you can add all the multiples of ten from 110 to 990 and then divide the answer by the number of numbers. As you can imagine, this method takes a lot of time. Another way to solve this problem is by finding the average of the first number 110 and last number 990 (110 + 990 = 1100 ÷ 2 = 550). Do the same thing for the next two numbers 120 and 980. Continue the process for other pair of numbers; 130-970, 140-960, etc. The average of all pairs is 550. Therefore, the average (arithmetic mean) of all the multiples of ten from 110 to 990 inclusive is 550.
More math articles
- How to Find Vector Components?
- Top 10 Tips to Overcome CLEP College Algebra Anxiety
- 5th Grade STAAR Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- 7th Grade MAP Math Practice Test Questions
- Top 10 ASVAB Math Prep Books (Our 2022 Favorite Picks)
- Geometry Puzzle – Challenge 69
- How to Construct and Interpret Scale Drawing? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- FREE 4th Grade PSSA Math Practice Test
- Full-Length ISEE Lower Level Math Practice Test-Answers and Explanations
- 9 Best Math Websites for Teachers