Number Properties Puzzle – Challenge 1
This is a great math challenge for those who love mathematics and critical thinking challenges. Let's challenge your brain!
What is the average (arithmetic mean) of all the multiples of ten from 110 to 990 inclusive?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is C.
To answer this question, you can add all the multiples of ten from 110 to 990 and then divide the answer by the number of numbers. As you can imagine, this method takes a lot of time. Another way to solve this problem is by finding the average of the first number 110 and last number 990 (110 + 990 = 1100 ÷ 2 = 550). Do the same thing for the next two numbers 120 and 980. Continue the process for other pair of numbers; 130-970, 140-960, etc. The average of all pairs is 550. Therefore, the average (arithmetic mean) of all the multiples of ten from 110 to 990 inclusive is 550.
More math articles
- Algebra Puzzle – Challenge 38
- Top 10 Tips You MUST Know to Retake the ASVAB Math
- How to Find Rational and Irrational Numbers?
- How to Multiply and Divide Complex Numbers in Polar Form?
- How is the PSAT/NMSQT Test Scored?
- 7th Grade MCAS Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- How to Find the Volume and Surface Area of ?
- Finding Equivalent Ratio
- Word Problems Involving Writing a Ratio
- How to Solve the Converse of Pythagoras’ Theorem Problems?