Intelligent Math Puzzle – Challenge 87
Another mind-blowing math puzzle to measure your critical thinking skills. If you couldn't solve it, take it easy! It is a challenging problem for even the smartest people!
In the figure above, A, B and C represent different digits. What is the value of A + B + C?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is C.
A, B and C represent different digits. Plug in different digits for B and find the value of A. Remember that the sum of four 2-digit numbers is another 2-digit number. Therefore, the value of A cannot be more than 2. Why?
A is 1 or 2. The value of 1 for A is not possible. Because the sum of four same numbers (B) cannot be 1, 11 or 21, and 31.
A is 2. So, B can be 3 or 8.
B cannot be 8. Because 4 times 28 is 112, which is not a 2-digit number.
B is 3. Then, C is 9.
A + B + C = 2 + 3 + 9 = 14
More math articles
- How to Find the Increasing or Decreasing Functions?
- The Best Webcams for Teachers and Online Students
- Best Calculator for Calculus 2022
- FREE 7th Grade MAP Math Practice Test
- 6th Grade Common Core Math Practice Test Questions
- PERT Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Top 10 PSAT 10 Math Practice Questions
- The Ultimate ISEE Lower-Level Math Course (+FREE Worksheets & Tests)
- FREE 6th Grade MCAS Math Practice Test
- 3rd Grade PSSA Math FREE Sample Practice Questions