Intelligent Math Puzzle – Challenge 78
This is a great and interactive math puzzle that requires some logic and critical thinking skills to be solved. The answer is given.
1, 4, 10, 22, 46, A, B
In the series above, A and B represent numbers. What is the value of B?
The Absolute Best Book to Challenge Your Smart Student!
The correct answer is E.
To the value of B, you should find the pattern of the numbers.
The difference of the first number, 1, and second number, 4, is 3. The difference of 4 and 10 is 6. The difference of 10 and 22 is 12 and the difference of 22 and 46 is 24.
The differences are:
3, 6, 12, 24,
Therefore, the difference of each item is twice the difference of the previous item and the number before that. So, the difference of number A and 46 is 48.
A = 46 + 48 = 94
The difference of B and 94 is 96 (2 × 48).
B = 94 + 96 = 190
The Best Books to Ace Algebra
Related to This Article
More math articles
- 10 Most Common 5th Grade PSSA Math Questions
- Top 10 ISEE Lower Level Prep Books (Our 2023 Favorite Picks)
- Let’s Chat: How to Simplify the Steps to Solve Two-step Equations
- A Comprehensive Collection of FREE SAT Math Practice Tests
- 5th Grade PSSA Math Practice Test Questions
- The Ultimate 7th Grade K-PREP Math Course (+FREE Worksheets)
- FTCE Test Facts and FAQs
- Best Calculators for High School Algebra II
- Word Problems: Fractions
- Parallel, Perpendicular, and Intersecting Lines