Intelligent Math Puzzle – Challenge 78
This is a great and interactive math puzzle that requires some logic and critical thinking skills to be solved. The answer is given.
1, 4, 10, 22, 46, A, B
In the series above, A and B represent numbers. What is the value of B?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is E.
To the value of B, you should find the pattern of the numbers.
The difference of the first number, 1, and second number, 4, is 3. The difference of 4 and 10 is 6. The difference of 10 and 22 is 12 and the difference of 22 and 46 is 24.
The differences are:
3, 6, 12, 24,
Therefore, the difference of each item is twice the difference of the previous item and the number before that. So, the difference of number A and 46 is 48.
A = 46 + 48 = 94
The difference of B and 94 is 96 (2 × 48).
B = 94 + 96 = 190
More math articles
- Addition of Hundreds
- 10 Most Common CHSPE Math Questions
- What is the Best Laptop for College Students?
- Top 10 Free Websites for AFOQT Math Preparation
- Top 10 8th Grade Georgia Milestones Assessment System Math Practice Questions
- 4th Grade KAP Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Geometry Puzzle – Critical Thinking 19
- Top 10 6th Grade MCAS Math Practice Questions
- How To Choose The Right DAT Course?
- ASTB Math-Test Day Tips