Geometry Puzzle – Challenge 64
A perfect geometry and measurement related puzzle to tease your brain and help you have a good time while reviewing a math concept!
How many minutes does it take an hour hand of a clock to move \(540^o\)?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is 1080 minutes.
A clock has 12 sections from 1 to 12. An hour hand of a clock moves 30 degree in one hour.
360 ÷ 12 = 30
540 ÷ 30 = 18
It takes 18 hours (or 18 × 60 = 1080 minutes) an hour hand of a clock to move \(540^o\).
More math articles
- A Comprehensive Collection of Free GED Math Practice Tests
- Top 10 CBEST Math Practice Questions
- How to Determine Functions?
- What Kind of Math Is on the PSAT/NMSQT Test?
- 10 Most Common 3rd Grade Georgia Milestones Assessment System Math Questions
- How to Solve Function Notation? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- Top 10 HSPT Math Practice Questions
- 3rd Grade MEAP Math Practice Test Questions
- 5th Grade STAAR Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- How to Find Experimental Probability?