Geometry Puzzle – Challenge 61
You need to use your logic and critical thinking skill to solve the following visual and interactive mathematical challenge.
A solid cube of side 9 is first painted pink and then cut into smaller cubes of side 3. How many of the smaller cubes have paint on exactly 2 sides?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is D.
Drawing a diagram can help you find the number of small cubes that have paint on exactly 2 sides. When the larger cube is cut into smaller cubes, the cubes in the middle of the faces will have paint on only one side and the corner cubes will have paint on three sides. The cubes cut from the edges will have paint on two sides. Since there are 12 edges, there will be 12 cubes with paint on two sides.
Related to This Article
More math articles
- How to Finding Mean, Median, Mode, and Range: Interpreting Charts
- 8th Grade OSTP Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Top 10 Tips to Create an ATI TEAS 7 Math Study Plan
- How to Manage Your Time Effectively on the ISEE Math Test?
- Full-Length 8th Grade FSA Math Practice Test-Answers and Explanations
- How to Solve a Quadratic Equation? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- How to Solve Triangles Problems? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- FREE 8th Grade Georgia Milestones Assessment System Math Practice Test
- 8th Grade PACE Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Top 10 GED Math Prep Books to buy! (2023 Picks)
What people say about "Geometry Puzzle - Challenge 61"?
No one replied yet.