Algebra Puzzle – Challenge 47
Try using critical thinking challenges to help you or your student improve strategic thinking and logic skills.
In 2013, the product of the ages (in integers) of a father and his son is 2013. What is the difference of their ages in 2015?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is C.
Find the factors of 2013:
1, 3, 11, 33, 61, 671, 2013
From all the factors of 2013, only 33 and 61 could be the ages of a father and his son. (The product of two ages should be 2013)
The difference of 61 and 33 is 28 years and this number won’t change in 2015!
More math articles
- 5th Grade RICAS Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Solve a System of Equations Using Matrices?
- Best Books for Students Preparing for the SAT Math Test
- THEA Math Formulas
- 4th Grade OST Math Practice Test Questions
- SIFT Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- 3rd Grade MAP Math Practice Test Questions
- Top 10 Tips to Create an ACCUPLACER Math Study Plan
- The Best Calculators for School 2023
- What Kind of Math Learner Is Your Child?