In 2013, the product of the ages (in integers) of a father and his son is 2013. What is the difference of their ages in 2015?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is C.
Find the factors of 2013:
1, 3, 11, 33, 61, 671, 2013
From all the factors of 2013, only 33 and 61 could be the ages of a father and his son. (The product of two ages should be 2013)
The difference of 61 and 33 is 28 years and this number won’t change in 2015!
More math articles
- CLEP College Mathematics Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Find the Area and Circumference of Circles? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- Geometry Puzzle – Challenge 75
- Top 10 FTCE Math Practice Questions
- How to Solve Permutations and Combinations? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- How to Add and Subtract Functions? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- How to Convert Repeating Decimals to Fractions? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- How to Solve Function Notation? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- 3rd Grade Georgia Milestones Assessment System Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- FREE 6th Grade PARCC Math Practice Test