Algebra Puzzle – Challenge 47
Try using critical thinking challenges to help you or your student improve strategic thinking and logic skills.
In 2013, the product of the ages (in integers) of a father and his son is 2013. What is the difference of their ages in 2015?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is C.
Find the factors of 2013:
1, 3, 11, 33, 61, 671, 2013
From all the factors of 2013, only 33 and 61 could be the ages of a father and his son. (The product of two ages should be 2013)
The difference of 61 and 33 is 28 years and this number won’t change in 2015!
Related to This Article
More math articles
- Number Properties Puzzle – Challenge 3
- How to Compare Numbers Up to a Billion: A Step-by-Step Guide
- What Skills Do I Need for the CHSPE Math Test?
- How to Understand the Concept of Scale Changes: Area and Perimeter
- Full-Length SSAT Lower Level Math Practice Test
- 10 Most Common 5th Grade Common Core Math Questions
- The Best Webcams for Teachers and Online Students
- Addition of Four-Digit Numbers
- 5th Grade KAP Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How Is the OAR Test Scored?