Algebra Puzzle – Challenge 32
This is a great mathematics challenge for those who love critical thinking problems. Let's challenge your brain!
If 8 workers can build a house in 20 days, how many workers are needed to build the house in 4 days?
The Absolute Best Book to Challenge Your Smart Student!
The correct answer is D.
Keep in mind that the number of workers and the number of days are inversely proportional. It means that with more workers, it takes less time to build a house.
First, find the constant. W (number of workers) × D (days) = 8 × 20 = 160
Then, W × 4 (days) = 160 → W = 40
40 workers are needed to build the house in 4 days!
The Absolute Best Books to Ace AlgebraSatisfied 1 StudentsSatisfied 125 Students
Related to This Article
More math articles
- How Is the CBEST Test Scored?
- How to Use the Graphs of System of Equations for Classification
- Top 10 SSAT Middle-Level Math Practice Questions
- Top 10 PSAT / NMSQT Prep Books (Our 2023 Favorite Picks)
- How to Understand the Concept of Scale Changes: Area and Perimeter
- 4th Grade STAAR Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Use Elimination to Solve a System of Equations: Word Problems
- What are the types of math?
- How to Find Zeros of Polynomials?
- Best Laptop for High School Students in 2023