Algebra Puzzle – Challenge 32
This is a great mathematics challenge for those who love critical thinking problems. Let's challenge your brain!
If 8 workers can build a house in 20 days, how many workers is needed to build the house in 4 days?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is D.
Keep in mind that the number of workers and the number of days are inversely proportional. It means that with more workers, it takes less time to build a house.
First, find the constant. W (number of workers) × D (days) = 8 × 20 = 160
Then, W × 4 (days) = 160 → W = 40
40 workers are needed to build the house in 4 days!
More math articles
- Stem –and–Leaf Plots
- Absolute Value Definition
- 6th Grade NHSAS Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Geometry Puzzle – Challenge 67
- Other Topics Puzzle – Challenge 98
- Top 5 Free Websites for TExES Mathematics Preparation
- Top 10 8th Grade OST Math Practice Questions
- Full-Length SSAT Middle Level Practice Test-Answers and Explanations
- 7th Grade ILEARN Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Top 10 HSPT Math Prep Books (Our 2023 Favorite Picks)