What is a Good SAT Score?
For many students, entering college is more than just good grades and attractive personal statements – it is often about strong test scores. Many colleges require SAT or ACT scores as part of the admissions process. Your SAT score is one of the main keys to your college programs.
The Absolute Best Book to Ace the SAT Math Test
Higher scores make a person more competitive when entering university. But since perfection is difficult to achieve, which range of good grades is classified? To answer this question join us!
The SAT score range is 400-1600 for your total score and 200-800 for each of your two scores. One section scores in mathematics, while the other section a combined reading and writing score called Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (EBRW). There is also an essay in the SAT that is optional and does not include an overall score.
According to the College Board, a student’s success is determined by their percentile rank. This is a ranking of the percentage of people who took the test (in that testing year) that scored the same or higher. For example, if you got the 70th percentile with a total score of 1200, which means your performance is better than 70% of test-takers (and worse than 30%). 1200 is a good grade because it means that the person scored better than most students. Anything above 1200 is considered a great score.
So a good score on the SAT is 1200 and higher scores.
College Entrance Tests
Looking for the best resource to help you succeed on the SAT Math test?
The Best Books to Ace the SAT Math Test
More math articles
- 5th Grade New York State Assessments Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- 3rd Grade NYSE Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- 6th Grade SOL Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- A Comprehensive Collection of Free CLEP College Mathematics Practice Tests
- How to Find the Center and the Radius of Circles? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- Top 10 Tips to ACE the GED Math Test
- 5th Grade NYSE Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- 10 Most Common SSAT Upper-Level Math Questions
- 3rd Grade ACT Aspire Math Practice Test Questions
- 7th Grade NYSE Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable