Top Calculators for the PSAT 8/9 Math Test
All candidates taking the PSAT 8/9 test must have a conceptual understanding of the test and come along with their calculator to the exam hall. Nevertheless, your calculator should be among the approved scientific calculator by the test board.
The PSAT 8/9 shows the intensity of how students are preparing for college. Before writing the PSAT 8/9 test, students are expected to get familiar with the test including the question. Also, the PSAT 8/9 Math Test includes two aspects. The first part which has 13 questions requires no calculator while the rest 25 questions demand the need for a calculator.
A good calculator will help you succeed in your TPAST 8/9 test. Using an approved calculator will help you solve the complex modeling and reason aspect of the question. To know the top calculator you can use for your PSAT 8/9, check out the list below to choose the best among the rest.
The Absolute Best Book to Ace the PSAT /NMSQT Math Test
4 TOP CALCULATORS FOR THE PSAT 8/9
With the TI 83 Graphics Calculator, you can easily calculate standard deviation, graph mean, and inferential statistics. Also, you can simply see connections between function graphing and data.
- Approved for the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, ACT, AP, IB, and Praxis exams
- RAM- 24kb, 160kb ROM
- Enhance analysis
- Powered AAA battery
- Different plot types are available including scatter
- Complicated for beginners
2. TI-83 Plus
Texas Instrument 83 Plus series is a graphing calculator that can help you solve both complex and basic Math functions. You can easily trace and tables with the help of 9f its split-screen display. Also, with its enhanced data analyst can calculate statistics, financial features, sine regression, logistics, and pre-algebra calculus.
- Can handle financial function, engineering, trigonometry, and calculus
- Can display the full and traceable graph on a split-screen
- 24kb RAM, and 160kb ROM
- 4 Powered AAA battery
- Complicated for beginners to use
The Absolute Best Book to Ace the PSAT 8/9 Math Test
3. Casio FX-9750GII
This is the best graphing calculator with a based menu. Its design makes it easy to navigate and access basic/complex mathematical functions on it. Casio FX-9750GII is capable to work over 200 hours and solve graphs, statistics, and complex number calculations.
- Approved by PSAT College Board
- Calculate dependent and independent values without wasting time
- Built-in conic graphing sections
- High-speed CPU
- Capable of solving bar graphs, pie charts, statistics, integration, and lots more.
- Four AAA alkaline batteries (non Rechargeable)
- Low-quality Protective case
4. Sharp EL W535T
It’s not just approved by PSAT but it helps students to quickly solve algebra, statistics, trigonometry, and general Maths.
- Solar or battery power source
- Scientific calculator with 422 functions
- Works perfectly for general Maths and statistics
- Four-line LCD with WriteView
- Fragile body features
- Not easy for beginners
Some students think it’s not necessary to use a calculator for the PSAT 8/9 test but they eventually get disappointed after they realize it’s not easy to solve some questions without using a calculator.
Using a calculator will not only help you avoid mistakes but will make it easier for you to solve complex questions quickly and arrive at the correct answer. We’ve listed the top calculator for the PSAT 8/9 test which you can use. So, feel free to get any.
Best PSAT Math Prep Resource for 2022
More from Effortless Math for PSAT Test…
Looking for a practice test to help you improve your PSAT Math score?
Check out our Full-Length PSAT Math Practice Test.
Here is everything you need to prepare for the PSAT math test:
If you want review the most common PSAT Math formula,
Look at our PSAT Math Formulas.
The Best Books to Ace the PSAT Math Test
Have any questions about the PSAT Test?
Write your questions about the PSAT or any other topics below and we’ll reply!
More math articles
- How to Find Unit Rates and Rates?
- SSAT Upper Level Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- How to Solve Multiplication Rule for Probabilities?
- Top 5 Calculators for Geometry
- CLEP College Math vs. CLEP College Algebra: The Difference!
- Quadratic Function
- 5th Grade Georgia Milestones Assessment System Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- FTCE General Knowledge Test Review
- Algebra Puzzle – Challenge 52
- How to Add and Subtract Polynomials? (+FREE Worksheet!)