How to Prepare for the ASTB Math Test?
The Aviation Selection Test Battery (known as ASTB), administered at Navy Recruiting Districts (NRDs), is used by the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard to select officer aviation program applicants. The newest version of the ASTB is series E. The ASTB-E test is a multiple-aptitude battery that measures developed abilities and helps predict future academic and occupational success in the military. You can only take the ASBT test three times in your lifetime.
The ASTB is a multiple-choice test that consists of 7 subtests.
- Section 1 – Math Skills Test (MST)
- Section 2 – Reading Comprehension Test (RCT)
- Section 3 – Mechanical Comprehension Test (MCT)
- Section 4 – Aviation and Nautical Information Test (ANIT)
- Section 5 – Naval Aviation Trait Facet Inventory (NATFI)
- Section 6 – Performance-Based Measures Battery (PBM)
- Section 7 – Biographical Inventory with Response Validation (BI-RV)
The first 5 sections of the ASTB are all computer adaptive. It means that if the correct answer is chosen, the next question will be harder. If the answer given is incorrect, the next question will be easier. This also means that once an answer is selected on the CAT it cannot be changed.
The Mathematics section of ASTB contains 20 to 30 multiple-choice questions assess content in the following areas:
- Number Sense and Operations
- Data, Statistics, And Probability
- Geometry and Measurement
You have 40 minutes to complete the first (Math) section of the test. The ASTB test does not allow you to use a calculator, but a few formulas are provided for some questions.
The Absolute Best Book to Ace the ASTB Math Test
Best resources to prepare for the ASTB Math test
There are many useful and prestigious ASTB Math books and study guides that can help you prepare for the test. Most major test preparation companies have some offerings for the ASTB Math, and the short-listing of the best book ends up being a puzzling phenomenon. There are also many online ASTB Math courses.
If you just started preparing for the ASTB test and you need a perfect ASTB Math prep book, then ASTB Math for Beginners: The Ultimate Step by Step Guide to Preparing for the ASTB Math Test is a perfect and comprehensive prep book for you to master all ASTB Math concepts being tested right from scratch. It will help you brush up your math skills, boost your confidence, and do your best to succeed on the ASTB Math Test.
This one is an alternative book:
If you just need an ASTB Math workbook to review the math topics on the test and measure your exam readiness, then try: “ASTB Math Practice Workbook: The Most Comprehensive Review for the Math Section of the ASTB Test”
This workbook book is also a perfect resource to review all Mathematics concepts being tested on the ASTB:
Or if you think you are good at math and just need some ASTB Math practice tests, then this book is a perfect ASTB Math test book for you:
You can also use our FREE ASTB Math worksheets: ASTB Math Worksheets
Have a look at our FREE ASTB Math Worksheets to assess your knowledge of Mathematics, find your weak areas, and learn from your mistakes.
ASTB Math FREE Resources:
- The Ultimate ASTB Math Course
- ASTB Math Worksheets
- ASTB Math Formulas
- FREE ASTB Math Practice Test
- Top 5 Free Websites for ASTB-E Math Preparation
Looking for the best resource to help you or your student succeed on the ASTB Math test?
The Best Books to Ace the ASTB Math Test
More math articles
- 8th Grade ILEARN Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Bеѕt Strategies to pass the Aссuрlасеr Test
- 10 Most Common 3rd Grade STAAR Math Questions
- 7th Grade FSA Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- How to Solve Multi-Step Inequalities? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- FREE DAT Quantitative Reasoning Math Practice Test
- Full-Length 6th Grade PARCC Math Practice Test-Answers and Explanations
- Use of Technology in Math Class that Works
- Other Topics Puzzle – Challenge 95
- How to Scale a Function Horizontally?