Sentence Solvers: How to Completing Addition and Subtraction Equations
Addition and subtraction sentences, often referred to as equations, are mathematical expressions that represent relationships between numbers. Completing these sentences involves finding the missing number or operation to make the sentence true. Let's explore how to tackle these mathematical puzzles.
Completing Subtraction and Addition Sentences
Complete the sentence: \( ___ + 7 = 15 \).
To find the missing number, subtract \(7\) from \(15\).
The missing number is \(8\). So, the completed sentence is \(8 + 7 = 15\).
The Absolute Best Book for 5th Grade Students
Complete the sentence: \( 20 – ___ = 13 \).
To find the missing number, subtract \(13\) from \(20\).
The missing number is \(7\). So, the completed sentence is \(20 – 7 = 13\).
Completing addition and subtraction sentences is a fundamental skill in mathematics. It helps in understanding the relationship between numbers and operations. By rearranging the equation and performing the inverse operation, you can easily find the missing number. This skill is not only essential for academic purposes but also for everyday scenarios where you might need to solve for unknowns. Keep practicing, and you’ll become a pro at completing these mathematical sentences!
1. Complete the sentence: \( ___ + 9 = 24 \).
2. Complete the sentence: \( 35 – ___ = 20 \).
3. Fill in the blank: \( ___ + 12 = 40 \).
4. Complete the equation: \( 50 – ___ = 43 \).
5. Fill in the missing number: \( ___ + 15 = 60 \).
A Perfect Book for Grade 5 Math Word Problems!
The Best Math Books for Elementary Students
Related to This Article
More math articles
- Reversing Derivatives Made Easy: Power Rule of Integration
- Everything You Need to Know About Sketching Curves Using Derivatives
- Your Coach’s Playbook: How to Understand Percent of Change
- FREE 3rd Grade PARCC Math Practice Test
- What Kind of Math do You Need to Be a Medical Assistant?
- How to Motivating Disengaged Learners to Enjoy Learning Math
- How to Get out of a Knowledge Check on ALEKS?
- How to Use Integers to Complete Equations
- How long Is the CBEST Test Valid?
- Math in Computer Science