How to Graph Trigonometric Functions?
We can plot diagrams of different trigonometric functions with a range of their principal values. Learn how to plot diagrams trigonometric functions by the following step-by-step guide.
Trigonometric functions are the basic six functions that have a domain input value as an angle of a right triangle, and a numeric answer as the range. The trigonometric function is also called the trig function.
- How to Evaluate Trigonometric Function
- How to Solve Angles and Angle Measure
- How to Graph Inverse Trigonometric Functions
Step by step guide to trigonometric functions graph
Graphs of trigonometric functions have the domain value of \(θ\) shown on the horizontal \(x\)-axis and the range value along the vertical \(y\)-axis. The graphs of \(sin\:\theta\) and \(tan\:\theta\) pass through the origin and the graphs of other trigonometric functions do not pass through the origin. The range of \(sin\:\theta\) and \(cos\:\theta\) is limited to \([-1, 1]\). The range of infinite values is presented as drawn beside the dotted lines.
Domain and range of trigonometric functions
The value of \(\theta\) represents the domain of the trigonometric functions and the resultant value is the range of the trigonometric function. The domain values of \(\theta\) are in terms of degrees or radians and the range is a real value. In general, the domain of a trigonometric function is a real value, but in special cases, a few angle values are excluded because it results in a range as an infinite value.
The table below shows the domain and range of the six trigonometric functions:
More math articles
- 3rd Grade SC Ready Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- FREE 4th Grade OST Math Practice Test
- 7th Grade OST Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- FREE PSAT Math Practice Test
- How is the PSAT/NMSQT Test Scored?
- Bеѕt Cаlсulаtоr fоr ACT Aspire Mаth Tеѕt
- FREE 4th Grade SBAC Math Practice Test
- 5th Grade NSCAS Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Interpret Pie Graphs? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- Full-Length DAT Quantitative Reasoning Practice Test-Answers and Explanations