Ratio, Proportion and Percentages Puzzle – Challenge 29
Looking for a math challenge to tease your brain? If so, then this math challenge is a perfect tool to improve your creative thinking!
In a certain village, the ratio of adult men to adult women is 3 ∶ 5 and the ratio of adult women and children is 2 ∶ 7. What is the ratio of adults (men and women) and children?
A- 10 : 7
B- 7 : 10
C- 2 : 5
D- 16 : 35
E- 6 : 15
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is D.
The ratio of men to women is 3 to 5 and the ratio of women to children is 2 to 7. First, let’s find the ratio of men to women to children. The ratio of 3 to 5 equals the ratio of 6 to 10. The ratio of 2 to 7 is the same as the ratio of 10 to 35.
Therefore, the ratio of men to women to children is 6: 10: 35.
Now, you can find the ratio of men and women to children.
6 + 10 to 35 or 16: 35.
The Absolute Best Books to Ace Algebra
Related to This Article
More math articles
- How to Solve Compound Interest Problems?
- 4th Grade SBAC Math Practice Test Questions
- Unlocking the Secrets of Similar Polygons: Shape, Size, and Proportions!
- TABE Math Practice Test Questions
- Algebra Puzzle – Challenge 49
- Full-Length 7th Grade PSSA Math Practice Test-Answers and Explanations
- 7th Grade STAAR Math Practice Test Questions
- Finding Derivatives Made Easy! Power Rule of Differentiation
- How to Change Base Formula for Logarithms?
- Incorporating Technology in Math Education: Tools and Techniques for Modern Teachers