Other Topics Puzzle – Challenge 94
Math and critical thinking challenges like this one are an educational activity for practicing children's math skills. These challenges are also a fun way for adults to test their math knowledge.
There are 21 students in a class. Their Math teacher asked them this question: “How many of other students in this class have the same name as you?” The teacher asked the students to write their answers in a piece of paper. Then the teacher gathered the answers and removed repeated answers. What is the maximum number of answers that the teacher kept?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is B.
Let’s assume that all of the students have the name John. So, to answer the questions, all of them have written 20. In this case, the teacher kept none of the answers.
If none of the students have the same name, they all answer 0. And the teacher won’t keep any answer.
Let’s assume that only one of them has a different name. Then, in this case, 20 students wrote 19 and one wrote 0. The teacher kept the last one.
The maximum number of answers that the teacher kept was one.
Related to This Article
More math articles
- How to Identify Proportional Relationships From Equations and Graphs
- Top Calculators for the TASC 2023: Quick Review
- How To Choose the Right DAT Course?
- How to Solve Word Problems Involving Completing a Table and Making a Graph?
- Top 10 Free Websites for ParaPro Math Preparation
- Addition of Money Quantities
- How to Use Strip Models to Subtract Fractions with Like Denominators
- 7th Grade MAP Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- Top Proven Strategies To Increase Your SAT Math Score
- How to Multiply Polynomials Using Area Models