Geometry Puzzle – Challenge 72
Sharing fun math puzzles like the following one with your kids is a great way to get them thinking mathematically.
The length of a rectangle is three times its width. What is the ratio of its width to its perimeter?
A- 1 : 4
B- 1 : 6
C- 1 : 8
D- 2 : 9
E- 3 : 10
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is C.
Let x be the width of the rectangle. So, the length of the rectangle is 3x.
Perimeter of a rectangle = 2 × Width + 2 × Length =
2x + 2 (3x) = 8x
The ratio of its width to its perimeter is 1 to 8.
More math articles
- 8th Grade OST Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- 7th Grade SBAC Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Find Discriminant of Quadratic Equation?
- 6th Grade Wisconsin Forward Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Connecting Limits at Infinity and Horizontal Asymptotes
- Top 10 Tips to Overcome SHSAT Math Anxiety
- Algebra Puzzle – Challenge 52
- 7th Grade Georgia Milestones Assessment System Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- A Comprehensive Collection of Free ALEKS Math Practice Tests
- 6th Grade PSSA Math FREE Sample Practice Questions