Geometry Puzzle – Challenge 65
Who can solve this math puzzle? This is a great math and critical thinking challenge to help you develop your creative thinking!
If a side of a square is increased by \(20\%\), what percent of the area of the square will be increased?
The Absolute Best Book to Challenge Your Smart Student!
The correct answer is C.
Area of a square = side times side.
Let X be the side of a square. Then, the side of the square is \(X^2\).
If a side of a square is increased by \(20\%\), then the area of the square will be increased by 44 percent:
\(1.2X × 1.2X = 1.44X^2\)
\(1.44X^2\) is 0.44 or \(44\%\) bigger than \(X^2\)
The Best Books to Ace AlgebraSatisfied 1 StudentsSatisfied 125 Students
Related to This Article
More math articles
- Space Station Canteen: A Guide How to Estimate the Amount of a Tip
- 8th Grade Common Core Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Solve Word Problems of Adding Two Numbers Up to 7 Digits
- 8th Grade Scantron Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Overview of the AFOQT Mathematics Test
- THEA Math Formulas
- Top Calculators for the GED 2023: Quick Review
- Top 10 Grade 3 Math Books: Inspiring Young Mathematicians to Explore
- How to Overcome GED Math Anxiety?
- Descending into Numbers: A Deep Dive into the Floor Value