Geometry Puzzle – Challenge 65
Who can solve this math puzzle? This is a great math and critical thinking challenge to help you develop your creative thinking!
If a side of a square is increased by \(20\%\), what percent of the area of the square will be increased?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is C.
Area of a square = side times side.
Let X be the side of a square. Then, the side of the square is \(X^2\).
If a side of a square is increased by \(20\%\), then the area of the square will be increased by 44 percent:
\(1.2X × 1.2X = 1.44X^2\)
\(1.44X^2\) is 0.44 or \(44\%\) bigger than \(X^2\)
More math articles
- TSI Math Practice Test Questions
- How to Prepare for the THEA Math Test?
- What Kind of Math is Used in Computer Programming?
- 6th Grade AZMerit Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Hоw to сhооѕе thе right laptop for оnlinе mаth teaching
- Top 10 Pre-Algebra Practice Questions
- FREE 6th Grade PARCC Math Practice Test
- Top 10 5th Grade NYSE Math Practice Questions
- Top 10 Tips to Overcome AFOQT Math Anxiety
- How to Find the Volume and Surface Area of ?