Algebra Puzzle – Challenge 51
Sharing this fun puzzle with your kids or students is a great way to help them improve their problem-solving skills.
In a sequence of numbers, each term is three less than three times the previous term. If the fourth term in this sequence is 150, what is the first term?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is 7.
Each term is three less than three times the previous term. If the fourth term is 150, therefore, the third term is 51.
The second term is 18. Because, 51 is 3 less than 54, which is three time of 18.
The first term is 7!
More math articles
- 10 Most Common 5th Grade Common Core Math Questions
- 7th Grade ACT Aspire Math Practice Test Questions
- How to Translate Phrases into an Algebraic Statement? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- Classify Faces of 3–Dimensional Figures
- Full-Length 7th Grade PARCC Math Practice Test-Answers and Explanations
- Top 10 8th Grade Georgia Milestones Assessment System Math Practice Questions
- How to Solve the Frequency Distribution Table?
- What Skills Do I Need for the TASC Math Test?
- 10 Most Common 3rd Grade ACT Aspire Math Questions
- How to Divide Mixed Numbers? (+FREE Worksheet!)