Algebra Puzzle – Challenge 51
Sharing this fun puzzle with your kids or students is a great way to help them improve their problem-solving skills.
In a sequence of numbers, each term is three less than three times the previous term. If the fourth term in this sequence is 150, what is the first term?
The Absolute Best Book to Challenge Your Smart Student!
The correct answer is 7.
Each term is three less than three times the previous term. If the fourth term is 150, therefore, the third term is 51.
The second term is 18. Because, 51 is 3 less than 54, which is three time of 18.
The first term is 7!
The Absolute Best Books to Ace AlgebraSatisfied 1 StudentsSatisfied 125 Students
Related to This Article
More math articles
- 7th Grade MCAP Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Use Models to Compare Fractions?
- Six Hacks for ACT Math: Top Clues, Tricks, and Tactics
- How to Understand the Properties of Isosceles and Equilateral Triangles
- How to Develop a Mindset for Math in 7 Steps?
- 5th Grade WVGSA Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Use Multiplication to Compare Customary Units
- 4th Grade M-STEP Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- SHSAT Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- What are the Undefined Limits: Defining from Tables and Graphs