Algebra Puzzle – Challenge 51
Sharing this fun puzzle with your kids or students is a great way to help them improve their problem-solving skills.
In a sequence of numbers, each term is three less than three times the previous term. If the fourth term in this sequence is 150, what is the first term?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is 7.
Each term is three less than three times the previous term. If the fourth term is 150, therefore, the third term is 51.
The second term is 18. Because, 51 is 3 less than 54, which is three time of 18.
The first term is 7!
More math articles
- CHSPE Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Number Properties Puzzle – Challenge 9
- 4th Grade STAAR Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- How to Solve Composition of Functions? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- Top 10 SHSAT Math Practice Questions
- 7th Grade OST Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
- 3rd Grade PEAKS Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- SAT versus PSAT: What You Need to Know
- Top 10 Tips You MUST Know to Retake the ASTB-E Math
- 6th Grade Common Core Math Practice Test Questions