Algebra Puzzle – Challenge 31
Let's look at another great math puzzle to help improve your critical thinking and creative thinking!
Sophia has a guitar lesson three times a week and Lukas has a Math lesson every other week. In a given term, Sophia has 40 more lessons than Lukas. How many weeks long is their term?
The Absolute Best Book to challenge your Smart Student!
The correct answer is C.
Sophia has 6 lessons in two weeks and Lukas has one lesson in two weeks. Therefore, the difference is 5 lessons for two weeks or 2.5 lessons per week. The difference is 40 lessons. So, 40 ÷ 2.5 = 16
Their term is 16 weeks.
The Absolute Best Books to Ace Algebra
Related to This Article
More math articles
- How to Solve Problems Using Venn Diagrams
- How to Use Partial Products to Multiply One-Digit Numbers By Multi-digit Numbers
- How to Find the Greatest Common Factor (GCF)? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- How to Identify One-by-One Functions from the Graph
- The Ultimate PSAT Math Formula Cheat Sheet
- The Ultimate 7th Grade TNReady Math Course (+FREE Worksheets)
- 6th Grade MCAP Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Line Plot
- 5th Grade MCAS Math Practice Test Questions
- FREE 7th Grade Common Core Math Practice Test