How to Complete a Function Table from an Equation
A function table is a very useful way to represent a function. This article includes the method of completing the function table from its equation.
A step-by-step guide to Complete a Function Table from an Equation
A function table is a simple way to display a function. The function table consists of two columns, \(x\)-values and \(y\)-values. The \(x\)-values are inserted into the function equation and the result will be the \(y\)-values.
To find the unknown values in the function table, first, examine the table and consider the input and output values. Put the values given in the table inside the function equation one by one to get the values of the unknowns. Then check the output to make sure it is correct.
Completing a Function Table from an Equation– Example 1:
Complete the table.
Solution: Look at the function table. Clearly, the first value of the input in the table is \(-3\). Evaluate \(f(x)=3x+2\) for \(x=-3\).
When \(x=-3\), then \(f(-3)=-7\). Complete the first row of the table.
Similarly, evaluate \(f(x)=3x+2\) for \(x=1\) and \(x=3\), respectively. So,
Enter the obtained values in the table.
Exercises for Completing a Function Table from an Equation
Complete the tables.
Related to This Article
More math articles
- How to Find Mean, Median, Mode, and Range of the Given Data? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- How to Write Equation of Parallel and Perpendicular Lines?
- The Ultimate 6th Grade WY-TOPP Math Course (+FREE Worksheets)
- How to Evaluate Logarithms? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- 4th Grade PACE Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- What Kind of Math Is on the GRE?
- How to Graph Quadratic Functions? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- 6th Grade New York State Assessments Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- SHSAT Math Formulas
- 4th Grade MEAP Math FREE Sample Practice Questions
What people say about "How to Complete a Function Table from an Equation"?
No one replied yet.