Overview of the TExES Core Subjects Mathematics Test
If you want to become an entry-level instructor in the public school system of Texas, you may want to consider the Texas Examinations for Educator Standards or TExES Core Subjects EC-6 exam. The TExES Core Subjects test determines the skills and knowledge required for teaching from childhood to grade 6 in Texas public schools.
The TExES Core Subjects EC-6 test is divided into the following tests:
- English Language Arts, Reading, and the Science of Teaching Reading
- Social Studies
- Fine Arts, Health, and Physical Education
The Absolute Best Book to Ace the TExES Core Subjects Mathematics Test
What is the math structure of TExES Core Subjects?
The TExES Core Subjects EC-6: Math Exam is a required exam who wants to teach elementary school in Texas. The goal of this test is to ensure that candidates have sufficient mathematical knowledge to teach students from childhood to sixth grade.
The math test makes up 18% of the TExES Core test with 47 questions. Candidates have 60 minutes to complete this part of the test. The math test requires candidates to show competency in the following areas:
- Mathematics Instruction
- Number Concepts and Operations
- Patterns and Algebra
- Geometry and Measurement
- Probability and Statistics
- Mathematical Processes
Prepare for Excellence With This PERFECT TExES Math Practice Book
Is the TExES Core Subjects test hard?
The TExES Core Subjects exam contains a lot of information, which makes it a hard test.
Do you get a formula sheet in the TExES Core Subjects Mathematics?
The TExES math test gives you a formula sheet, but you should know that it does not include all the formulas you need.
Can you use a calculator on the TExES Core Subjects Mathematics?
An on-screen scientific calculator is provided in the math section of TExES Core Subjects.
What is the passing score of TExES Core Subjects Mathematics?
To pass the TExES Core Subjects Mathematics you need a score of 240.
Looking for the best resources to help you succeed on the TExES Core Subjects test?
The Best Books to Ace the TExES Core Subjects Test
Related to This Article
More math articles
- How to Multiply Radical Expressions? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- Full-Length 7th Grade PARCC Math Practice Test
- Frequency Charts: How to Understanding Trends
- FREE ISEE Middle Level Math Practice Test
- How to Solve the Complex Plane?
- How to Understand Dilations: A Step-by-Step Guide
- OAR Math Practice Test Questions
- Balancing Probabilities: A Comprehensive Guide to the Expected Value of Random Variables
- How to Use Graphs to Solve Equation Systems: Word Problems
- Top 10 5th Grade PARCC Math Practice Questions