Write a Ratio
Ratios are used to know the number of times greater one quantity is than a different amount so, with the help of ratios, you can compare two items or two quantities.
The numbers in ratios are considered as terms.
Ratios are classified into different types such as rates, unit rates, measurement conversions, along with percentages.
Write a Ratio – Examples 1
Write the ratio of circles to squares.
Step 1: Count the number of circles. They are 3.
Step 2: Count the number of squares. They are 6.
Step 3: Now write them as a ratio. It is 3:6.
Write a Ratio – Examples 2
Write the ratio of starts to circles.
Step 1: Count the number of stars. They are 2.
Step 2: Count the number of circles. They are 5.
Step 3: Now write them as a ratio. 2:5.
Related to This Article
More math articles
- Getting Better at Math: Realistic Tips and Suggestions
- How to Solve Point-Slope Form of Equations?
- The Ultimate 7th Grade PARCC Math Course (+FREE Worksheets)
- 8th Grade M-STEP Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- 10 Most Common 3rd Grade MCAS Math Questions
- Students Make the Most Mistakes in These Math Topics
- How to Graph Quadratic Functions? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- FREE 3rd Grade NYSE Math Practice Test
- How to Solve Non-Right Triangles Problems
- Top 10 6th Grade PSSA Math Practice Questions