Write a Ratio
Ratios are used to know the number of times greater one quantity is than a different amount so, with the help of ratios, you can compare two items or two quantities.
The numbers in ratios are considered as terms.
Ratios are classified into different types such as rates, unit rates, measurement conversions, along with percentages.
Write a Ratio – Examples 1
Write the ratio of circles to squares.
Step 1: Count the number of circles. They are 3.
Step 2: Count the number of squares. They are 6.
Step 3: Now write them as a ratio. It is 3:6.
Write a Ratio – Examples 2
Write the ratio of starts to circles.
Step 1: Count the number of stars. They are 2.
Step 2: Count the number of circles. They are 5.
Step 3: Now write them as a ratio. 2:5.
Related to This Article
More math articles
- The Complete List of Teachers’ Favorite 10 Math Websites
- How to Apply Trigonometry to General Triangles?
- ATI TEAS 7 Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- 5th Grade Wisconsin Forward Math Worksheets: FREE & Printable
- Function Values of Special Angles
- How to Find Least Common Multiple? (+FREE Worksheet!)
- 10 Most Common 4th Grade MCAS Math Questions
- Properties of the Vertical Lines
- Students Make the Most Mistakes in These Math Topics
- How to Identify Equivalent Expressions?
What people say about "Write a Ratio"?
No one replied yet.